Weighing yourself and crying.

Options
I bought a set of digital scales weighed myself and was shocked, only when 3 people in my house all confirmed that YES I was nearly a stone heavier did I believe it was true. My gym scales which are not digital had been out by 11lbs! So I spent the night in tears and am trying to get my mind back on the game.

One problem is that after I reset it all on mfp it's telling me that I can eat more calories to lose the weight at the same speed at the same time. Is that correct? and has anyone had a similar problems with scales. Eurgh! :/

Replies

• joolsmd
    joolsmd Posts: 375 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Its best to stick to one set, and one set only, of scales when weighing yourself. the gym scales could have been out for many reasons: number of people using them; not properly set up in the first place, and so on. Just check that your scales are on a hard surface and that you weigh yourself in the same place every time.

Your eating plan is probably fine, and you will still lose on it, as MFP doesn't adjust for weightloss. According to MFP, you are still losing weight, just that you know now that the weight you are now is different from the weight you were.

Sorry to hear that you've had a shock, but in the end its better that you find out now than when you thought you'd got to your ideal weight. Chin up and good luck.
  • Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,410 Member
    Options
    Every scale will tell you a different weight I'm afraid. I bought myself new fancy scales for Christmas and that said I was 3lbs heavier. Then they broke... so I really don't know what I am anymore. Some people would say ditch the scales altogether and measure yourself. I'm considering that approach myself.
  • RedHatPatti
    RedHatPatti Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I agree about the scales. I hate them!! LOL But am addicted to weighing every morning..just to keep it "real". I have weighed at my doctor's office and their scale is 11 lbs heavier.. but at least when I did lose a lot.. they did show it!! (Thankfully). The other doctor I go to..is different...They have a digital scale..My scale said 235..His was 251.. That is a giant difference...so I just go by My scale and when I get to my goal weight, then I may switch to theirs. I have battled with this for years and cried and got mad and the PA said...use ONE and stick to it.. :)
  • hazeldixon89
    hazeldixon89 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I agree about the scales. I hate them!! LOL But am addicted to weighing every morning..just to keep it "real". I have weighed at my doctor's office and their scale is 11 lbs heavier.. but at least when I did lose a lot.. they did show it!! (Thankfully). The other doctor I go to..is different...They have a digital scale..My scale said 235..His was 251.. That is a giant difference...so I just go by My scale and when I get to my goal weight, then I may switch to theirs. I have battled with this for years and cried and got mad and the PA said...use ONE and stick to it.. :)

Yeah this is why I bought my own set and will definately only be using those as they seem correct was just a shock :) Im back on it though! thanks gals!