How much water do you drink daily?

Options
2»

Replies

• mustgetmuscles1
    mustgetmuscles1 Posts: 3,346 Member
    Options
    http://www.webmd.com/a-to-z-guides/features/wonders-of-water
    "The IOM report did not specify requirements for water but made general fluid intake recommendations based on survey data of 91 ounces (that's 11-plus cups a day) for women and 125 ounces (15-plus cups a day) for men. Remember, these guidelines are for total fluid intake, including fluid from all food and beverages."
  • higgins8283801
    higgins8283801 Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    I have a 24.9 water bottle and I fill it up 3-4 times a day.
  • SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,732 Member
    Options
    Around 100-140 ounces per day. If I'm drinking something other than water, like soda, juice, or almond milk, I drink way less.
  • prattiger65
    prattiger65 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    I don't know, I am sure it varies. I just make sure Im hydrated. I don't track it at all. Water has no calories and all I need is to stay hydrated. Water has no magical power beyond that.
  • jumblejups
    jumblejups Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    At least 3L/100oz, but that's just how much I tend to drink and not a goal.

For a long time I would,never really get thirsty and drank little. However clearly it didn't affect me. I developed some sort of super thirst after I had my first child and it stayed that way.
  • ahoier
    ahoier Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    i typically drink half my body weight in fluid ounces of water......sometimes i make it, sometimes i dont......and i only count water, as water. coffe doesn't count, tea doesnt count....89.5 fl. oz. is my goal for today. 30 more oz. to go.
  • pap3rw1ngs
    pap3rw1ngs Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    2 litres (67.6oz). That's 4 500ml bottles, the same amount every day.
  • mijdge
    mijdge Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Between 1l and 3l a day. Yesterday it was 3l, but I did play a roller derby scrim. On an average day it's about 2l, being a teacher and needing the loo all the time doesn't work so well!
  • Phrick
    Phrick Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    generally between 180-200 fluid ounces a day, I count all liquids. The bulk of it, usually around 175oz or more, is straight up water though.
  • barby6011
    barby6011 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Too much water can kill you
    If you are dehydrated, it dilutes what electrolytes you have left.
  • CamilleNoemi
    CamilleNoemi Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I drink at least 4 L a day, I would say. I'm thirsty all the time, so it's just naturally for me to drink so much water. I actually don't think that you need to drink so much. It's different for everyone. Downside: I go to the toilet a lot :smiley:
  • Naaer
    Naaer Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Can you count your tea and coffee intake as part of your water intake daily?...If so, I, probably drink anywhere from eight to twelve cups a day...
  • suzihbe
    suzihbe Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    80-100 ounces. I fill up a 24 ounce bottle 3-4 times a day. And then I'll drink water with vitamins and in protein shakes.