Replies

• BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    That's gross. Cream and sugar for me.
  • mkakids
    mkakids Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    If im going to drink coffee (rare)...I like it bulletproof.
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,160 Member
    Options
    Mentally I have a problem with butter in my coffee but I guess I should buy some real butter and try it to be sure. I do put 3-6 tablespoons of coconut oil in my coffee to start off each day.

roadster it took me a couple weeks before it had no fast acting impact on heading to the bathroom but now it does not do that. My 40 years of IBS went away after I started to heavily using coconut oil. Cutting out most all carbs and all food with added sugar cut my arthritis pain by a huge amount.
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    I discovered this by accident as a kid, dipping buttered toast in my coffee. It's delish.

IIFYM, go for it. If it doesn't, it's going straight to your hips.
  • roadstermommy
    roadstermommy Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Gale- do you think the coconut oil helped you to lose the sugar and carb cravings? Do you put the coconut oil in your coffee? I have significant arthritis pain. I'm also a sugar addict
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options
    I just tried this for the first time. I put 1 Tbsp of butter in the best coffee I could make (filtered water, new starbucks beans freshly ground). I put it in the blender for about 5 seconds. It was absolutely delicious! I drank the whole mug and immediately went to the bathroom and....you know....for the first time "normally" in quite a while. I'm glad I was home! I'll update later in the day to let you know if I feel more energetic and less hungry

Ohh if this is a side effect, I may just try it.