Weight loss projection

Options
when you complete you diary for the day it says " if everyday were like today you would weigh (X) amount in 5weeks." Has anyone tried to keep track of this has any merit/ truth behind it or is it kinda accurate? Just wondering I plan on seeing if it's true myself, just wanted to hear what other people have seen and or tried result wise.

Replies

• queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    If you ate exactly the same calories and burned the same amount of calories everyday then you would reach that weight goal. But this is would be very hard to do IMO.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Not even the slightest bit accurate for me. But then I never eat the exact same thing and do the exact same activities each day.
  • jimicarpenter1283
    jimicarpenter1283 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I eat almost the same calories everyday +/- a hundred or two so I'm going to try it to see if it's really that accurate. Just because I'm curious lol
  • jagi410
    jagi410 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    It's just there to mess with your head. Don't take it seriously. It might make for a fun experiment, but I wouldn't stress about it one bit.
  • jimicarpenter1283
    Options
    Oh no not stressing about it like you said just a fun experiment
  • mariejonesuk
    Options
    I'm going to watch your updates as I've often thought the same. I'll also let you know how accurate mine is as I made a note of it at the start ten days ago :)
  • jimicarpenter1283
    Options
    Awesome that's cool
  • jimicarpenter1283
    Options
    February 15th is my 5 week projection
  • jimicarpenter1283
    Options
    So as an update I'm 6lbs from my projected weight with 3weeks to go so I should hit my goal in the time frame will keep posting as I go
  • queenliz99
    Options
    So as an update I'm 6lbs from my projected weight with 3weeks to go so I should hit my goal in the time frame will keep posting as I go

:)
  • CelticValentine
    CelticValentine Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I don't think it's an accurate projection, but I use it as a motivational tool when I've had a great day. For me it makes me feel more accountable especially when I've had a cheat day.
  • Geojerm
    Geojerm Posts: 291 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    If I eat at or just under my calorie goal the projection is always equivalent to losing one pound per week for five weeks ..... I think it's meant to be motivational.

If I have an over day ... the projection is that my weight won't change much

So... yes... I think if you manage a 1lb per weight it would be accurate IMO
  • jimicarpenter1283
    Options
    Geojerm wrote: »
    If I eat at or just under my calorie goal the projection is always equivalent to losing one pound per week for five weeks ..... I think it's meant to be motivational.

If I have an over day ... the projection is that my weight won't change much

So... yes... I think if you manage a 1lb per weight it would be accurate IMO

:)
  • jimicarpenter1283
    Options
    Ok so for a check in I have been eating approximately the same amount of calories each day for my test. I currently have two weeks until my actual 5week weigh in, and I'm 3.5 pounds away from my projected weight. I average about two pounds a week so that is right in line for what it says. It has been a struggle sometimes to not eat extra snacks here and there but I really wanted to see if this projection was fairly close.
  • queenliz99
    Options
    Ok so for a check in I have been eating approximately the same amount of calories each day for my test. I currently have two weeks until my actual 5week weigh in, and I'm 3.5 pounds away from my projected weight. I average about two pounds a week so that is right in line for what it says. It has been a struggle sometimes to not eat extra snacks here and there but I really wanted to see if this projection was fairly close.

Your perseverance is amazing. Love it
  • SunflowerCat74
    SunflowerCat74 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Great job! What ever it takes to motivate yourself.
  • jimicarpenter1283
    Options
    Hello everyone for an update!!!!!! Drum roll please......... I hit what would be my projected weight a week early!!!!!! I will attribute it to a change in diet. I've been eating the same amount of calories for 4 weeks so far but within the last week I've increased my protein intake and have lost some extra pounds had I not done that I think it would have been very very close I will still update next Sunday!!!! Thank you for the kind words it has been a big inspiration as of today I now have 80lbs to my goal weight when I first started my journey I had 135lbs to go
  • palwithme
    palwithme Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    That is good news! I am suppose to be 170 in five weeks. I hope it is true. If I stay under my calorie goal it should work. :D
  • tamelalynn64
    Options
    Great job Jim i just joined and you are a real inspiration!
  • queenliz99
    Options
    Great news!!