I need accountability to lose 100+

Options
I'm a 30 year old female from southeastern Minnesota looking for accountability partners to help me in my journey of losing 100+ pounds. I am 5'4" and weigh 280... I need to lose weight for my health and trying to stay motivated without support is very hard to do. Thanks, Nicole :-)

Replies

• ANewChoice
    ANewChoice Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hey Nicole! I am just getting back into things at MFP and am currently working on a 30 minute exercise per day challenge and logging every bite. I am 31, 5'4 and 307. Would love to have accountability also. I feel like the more people are checking in with me the more successful I will be. Add me :)
  • Nazy_Ak
    Nazy_Ak Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Hi Nicole,

I am very similar, age 28, 5'3 and 262lbs. I'm from the UK but active on here. I'm in my first week of MFP (this time around) and so far have met some really lovely, genuinely friendly people :) you're welcome to add me if you like.
  • Nazy_Ak
    Options
    ANewChoice wrote: »
    am currently working on a 30 minute exercise per day challenge and logging every bite.

This is my plan too :) the only thing I'm restricting is fast food as my husband and I are doing a challenge to see how long before we miss it (18 days so far and not struggling yet! Woohoo!)
    Add me if you like :)

• ANewChoice
    Options
    Glad to hear you have been able to keep it up ! I love hearing the positive.
  • Nazy_Ak
    Options
    Thank you. What kind of exercises do you like doing?
  • ANewChoice
    Options
    Currently I am doing two days a week lap swimming, three days a week cardio machines and the rest at home dance videos. I also like lifting heavy but am going to wait a while to get back into that. What about you?
  • Nazy_Ak
    Options
    That's really cool! I can swim but very very slowly and I'm sure my technique is weird lol. I want to eventually take swimming classes when I have more confidence! Can you suggest a dance video you like? I would love to know how to dance lol

Atm, I'm mainly using my stationary bike at home but usually do kickboxing once a week with my hubi and yoga once a week following a video. I also vary between ufc trainer kinect, my rowing machine and bodyweight training. I also love walking, so we try to go hiking and few times a year :)

• nmeech
    nmeech Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Thanks Gals, I sent friend requests to you! I am starting a new program with some friends on Thursdays called the daniel plan and going to be doing the exercise videos with them 2x weekly. I need to get on my treadmill again and starting in the morning I am logging daily again!
  • shopgirl584
    shopgirl584 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm in a similar position. I weigh 260, height is 5 10" and I would like to lose between 90-100 pounds. I have been over weight for a decade and ready to make some life long changes. Been doing MFP since Jan. 6th and really enjoying making myself be accountable. I got a Fitbit on Jan. 6th and that is also helping me to be aware of my activity level. Would love to join your group! I'm from Oklahoma.
  • davisma1956
    Options
    Hi I need accountability also. I am 5'9 and weigh 248. I would love to lose 75 to 100 myself. I am using Fitbit. My biggest problem is I fell a little over a year ago and broke my shoulder real bad and don't have much use of it so I am very limited on exercising my upper body. I can't lift with it or raise my arm much over waist high. Would love it if you would add me and let's encourage each other. I am from Tennessee. Thanks
  • formonte
    Options
    Hi, please friend request me as well! Same boat!
  • lovematthewchristopher
    Options
    Hi Everyone, i too am in the same boat. I am almost 50, hurt my knee 4 years ago and have put on alot of weight. There are alot of exercises that i cannot do, but am strengthening my body little by little, with the things i can do. I have lost 33 pounds since sept/14, but still want to lose another70 or so. Add me as a friend, i will help motivate everyone to keep on track if they do the same in return. Looking forward to meeting you all.
  • GrandmaSteph408
    Options
    I need to lose over 100 pounds and my biggest reason is lack of motivation after a few days and the lack of accountability. We could do it together.
  • ANewChoice
    Options
    Nazy_Ak wrote: »
    That's really cool! I can swim but very very slowly and I'm sure my technique is weird lol. I want to eventually take swimming classes when I have more confidence! Can you suggest a dance video you like? I would love to know how to dance lol

Atm, I'm mainly using my stationary bike at home but usually do kickboxing once a week with my hubi and yoga once a week following a video. I also vary between ufc trainer kinect, my rowing machine and bodyweight training. I also love walking, so we try to go hiking and few times a year :)

Swimming is a great exercise and the water really allows me to be at peace. I have the zumba dvds and I also like club fitz videos on youtube. It is something you can do at home so no worries if you look funny. Kickboxing seems like a great work out but I would feel really awkward play fighting :)
  • AcctgChicka83
    AcctgChicka83 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am 31 and looking to lose 100+ lbs as well. Feel free to add me and we can get through this together :smile:
  • MelissaRCJH
    MelissaRCJH Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!

I'm 40 y/o, 5'0" and needing to lose 100+ lbs. I need all the support I can get, too! I'd love to help you all on this journey, too! Please feel free and add me!
  • SandyCoils
    SandyCoils Posts: 164 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    *sigh of relief* Hi y'all. I'm 42 y/o, 5'4" and 252. I'm looking to lose at least 80 pounds. My first goal is to lose 32 pounds. After that I was thinking of setting 10 pound increment goals until I'm around 170. I'm not needy by any means, but when it comes to getting motivated to exercise, I need so much motivation! Deep down, I really want to exercise, but I just can't seem to make my body do it. However, when I get into the habit, I'm pretty good at it, even if it's just a 20 minute quick work-out. I need help, I really do, and I guess admitting it is my 1st step. I just joined the site today, and I'm hoping that I will soon be able to get a FitBit to help as well. Please friend me, and hopefully I can learn from all of you.
  • Nazy_Ak
    Options
    Hey Sandy, our stats are similar, I'm 5'3 and 262 lbs and aiming long term to be at 160. Abit of my background is on my profile. I'll send you a request, have a look if you like :)
    I'm no expert, have only been back here for a week but totally understand the need of a support network and the people here are really friendly. well done on taking the first step x
  • sheshappynow
    sheshappynow Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    anyone feel free to add me as well..... I'm here for the long haul have 100 to lose as well.
  • Darton2010
    Darton2010 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me, I have lost over 80lbs so far with another 80-100lbs togo