Legit question...

Options
I have terrible indigestion and heartburn...i get it from time to time and nothing helps, i just have to let it go away on its on..sometimes takes up to 2 days. If i work out will it make it worse? Dont wanna shake myself up and make my misery that much worse! I get the painful throbbing in my throat, mouth watering, throat and chest burning..dont wish it on anyone

Replies

• allieallieoxenfree
    allieallieoxenfree Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Have you seen a doctor? Sounds like GERD, which can lead to nasty consequences like burning a ring of scar tissue into your esophagus if not treated.
  • JessaLee0324
    JessaLee0324 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I would still workout. I don't think walking would do anything.
  • wife2bo
    wife2bo Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Have you seen a doctor? Sounds like GERD, which can lead to nasty consequences like burning a ring of scar tissue into your esophagus if not treated.
    i think i will let my doctor know at my next checkup

• charmarbobar
    charmarbobar Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I have GERD and I find working out helps (not as much as weight loss and proper eating though). I take Ranitidine (Zantac) 150 (twice a day) and it helps wonders.

But definitely talk to your Doctor. I had it so bad before treating that I lost my voice!
  • wife2bo
    wife2bo Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I have GERD and I find working out helps (not as much as weight loss and proper eating though). I take Ranitidine (Zantac) 150 (twice a day) and it helps wonders.

But definitely talk to your Doctor. I had it so bad before treating that I lost my voice!

@charmarbobar‌
    You buy that OTC right
  • Shawshankcan
    Shawshankcan Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    When are you most likely to get it? I know certain foods will severely increase my chances of it.
  • MamaRiss
    MamaRiss Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    Though my heartburn was not a constant issue, just losing weight and exercising more seems to have helped. Instead of once or twice a week, I am now getting heartburn maybe once a month ( and it's usually from too much peppermint). I would definitely make an appolintment with your doctor now to talk about it, rather than waiting. GERD can lead to some other health issues
  • charmarbobar
    charmarbobar Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    wife2bo wrote: »

@charmarbobar‌
    You buy that OTC right

I have it by prescription, but it is available OTC.