Hello everybody! I am new to MFP

Options
shopno
shopno Posts: 3 Member
Good morning!

I live in England, have been active on MFP only recently (I did join a while ago). I have been reading the forum posts and find people's weight loss stories and ideas very inspiring. I want to lose 20 kg, and hope I am making the right choices so far. I like swimming, and have aimed to swim 2miles per week. Also, I am trying hard to reduce rice, potatoes and other white carbs from my diet, this is the part I am struggling with most.

If anyone has suggestions on how they started their fitness programme and what type of food intake, exercise helped it would be much appreciated.

Hope your having a lovely day.

shopno:smile::smile:

Replies

• struggletodiet
    struggletodiet Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Good Morning, sounds like your on the right road and congrats for the 20kg lost,
  • 1LoveChips
    1LoveChips Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Use the MFP tool to calculate your calorie intake for the desired weight loss; my goal is to lose 1lb per week. Shouldn't aim for more than that, need to be a gradual process.

LOG EVERYTHING! It works for me :smile:

Log acurately and you will be able to see progress (one way or the other), so when I do gain weight I am not dissapointed as I can see in my diary that I either had too much Nutella, or Pizza or Beer.

A good diet is also key. Eating fewer calories, but of all the wrong foods may end up detrimental in the long run.

Good luck!

P.S. Also make friends on here, helps with the motivation.
  • sohmui
    sohmui Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Hi there shopno!

I am from England too, though I live in Hong Kong now. This is a great website. I lost around 35 lbs. over 6-7 months. Swimming was the real trick. I swam every day for an hour each time. Now I have reached my goal (gone past it, in fact) I have cut the swimming to 5 days a week, but I love it and hope to keep it up forever. I also made a conscious effort to be more active generally, walk as much as I can, sit around less. Honestly, it wasn't too strenuous or too difficult. I did it and you can do it too. My diary is open to the public, so feel free to have a look if it will help.

And yes, I absolutely agree with ILoveChips above. LOG EVERYTHING. It's so important. Good luck!
  • 1LoveChips
    1LoveChips Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    P.S. More than welcome to send me a friend request... I run, walk my dogs and TRY to eat sensibly. I do love the principles of the "Fast Diet" http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00AW8UK0K and am trying to get to grips with that now.

Fast day today :ohwell:
  • lunastardust777
    Options
    i eat 1500 calories a day, work out six days a week and watch my macros. i stay plugged into a fitness group and work with a beach body coach all for free.by doing this ive managed to lose 40lbs this year. if you would like to know more about this i can introduce you to my coach and we can get you in there :)