Can anyone recommend and fitness trackers?

Options
Looking for a fitness tracker that will monitor everything!

Replies

• Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    What do you mean by everything? Nothing can

HRM are only useful for steady state cardio

Pedometers like fitbit and garmin track step based activity

The new fitbit HRM monitor and similar will I assume be good for step based plus a little more accurate on steady state cardio but you wouldn't be using it in a pool or for weights

• JoKnowsJo
    JoKnowsJo Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I have a Fitbit one love it. It sync's very well with mfp through my iPhone it does not do it all however as the above poster stated weight workouts etc have to be tracked separately. It's not water proof, I would suggest picking a price budget then look at all the trackers that fall into that guide then sort by everything you want it to do. I also have a misfit it's different on tracking I like my Fitbit better. Hope this helps
  • twhaley1990
    twhaley1990 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I love my Polar watch
  • ErikThaRed
    ErikThaRed Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I use Jawbone UP24, but it doesn't have a heart rate monitor. I read good things on the Microsoft Band and will look into getting that when it is available in Canada. Seems to do most of the typical things, with a HRM as well.
  • tigerblue
    tigerblue Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    I'm using a Misfit Flash ($50 but I got mine on sale for $25). It syncs to my phone and seems to be pretty accurate.

Before, I used a Bodymedia fit (no longer available) which I think is now similar to the high end jawbone product. It was VERY INACCURATE. Basically it overestimated my calorie burn by about 1000 calories per day. I gained 10 pounds before I wised up.

No monitor is 100% accurate, so track your intake and results carefully to verify.
  • Codefox
    Codefox Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    If you want a pedometer + HR, you're probably best looking at the Surge or Charge HR from Fitbit.
  • krivedal
    krivedal Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I have a Basis Peak. It tracks steps, heart rate and sleep. It does require frequent fussing to keep it synced with my phone. Also, steps come in at about 1/2 of what my FitBit would estimate. It's very new on the market so perhaps they will improve it over the next few months. It does not seem to recognize when I am "active" (by their definition which is very unclear) but I do get accurate calorie burn data which is what I care about.

If you can be patient with the flaws, its not a bad option, just imperfect.
  • bluesarah13
    bluesarah13 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I use the Microsoft Band because I have a Windows phone. It tracks steps, heart rate, calories burned, sleep, etc. It also shows notifications from your phone. The app is great. I like that you can look at it while exercising and see what your current heart rate is without pushing any buttons. It's a little awkward to wear but I've gotten used to it. Wish it was water resistant or water proof.
  • Numberwang22
    Numberwang22 Posts: 213 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Google a guy called DCRainmaker, he's done a lot of great reviews of wearable tech. He's into sport so it's from that perspective.