Tea/ hot drink recommendations?

Options

I have 1-2 milky PG Tips in the morning, occasionally a peppermint at night to relax... Been thinking it's time to branch out a little

What are your favourites?

Replies

• williams969
    williams969 Posts: 2,528 Member
    Options
    In...to get some new ideas myself.

I like English Breakfast or Earl Grey for mornings, lemon & ginger or peppermint midday (afternoon "pick-me-ups" without added caffeine), chamomile in the evening. Probably an equally "boring" tea schedule, but those are my favorites.
  • spunmommy
    spunmommy Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Lemon ginger and Celestial Seasonings Bengal Spice.
  • cityruss
    cityruss Posts: 2,493 Member
    Options
    Coffee with flavdrops (maple or toffee) or hot no added sugar juice.
  • orangesmartie
    orangesmartie Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options
    I really like redbush tea. The flavour took a little getting used to in the beginning, but now its what i drink most - no milk or sugar.

I also like twinings green tea with cherry blossom
  • redfiona99
    redfiona99 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    The Sainsbury's own brand blueberry and blackberry is lovely.
  • allieallieoxenfree
    allieallieoxenfree Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Harney & Sons Hot Cinnamon Spice is my jam, big time.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Lately for the evenings I've been enjoying a nice licorice tea, or ginger tea. YUM.
  • RunRachelleRun
    RunRachelleRun Posts: 1,854 Member
    Options
    My current favourite is desert lime tea. Second is ginger tea, preferably with fresh ginger root. I also like mixing half a scoop of my chocolate protein powder with a little cold water, then adding hot water - tastes just like hot chocolate.
  • likeadyingstar
    likeadyingstar Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Two votes for lemon & ginger. Also blueberry & blackberry, cinnamon spice, licorice, hot protein choc... Making notes of these, thanks guys

Didn't think of the sugar-free latter, cityruss! (My fella had me try hot Vimto recently and it was so sickly)

I'll give redbush a go too. The one time green tea happened it left me grimacing and watery eyed whilst internally convincing myself of the health benefits
  • redfiona99
    redfiona99 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    With green tea the trick tends to be, don't leave it brewing for more than 3 minutes. More than that and it tastes like death.
  • ColletteNicole
    ColletteNicole Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I've been mixing green tea with mint tea & lemon in the morning, then I do coconut white tea or coconut chai black tea in the afternoon. I switch it up sometimes with ginger tea or tazo passion and I drink it all black (with the exception of adding lemon to my green tea). Matcha green tea is awesome but a pain to make and kind of expensive, but that's in my regular rotation too! :)
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Lemon grass or lemon balm. Also linden tea. I like white tea too.
  • Jlferger
    Options
    Anyone try the pu erh teas? Supposed to help with weight loss too just not sure if it's true or how they taste
  • tkillion810
    tkillion810 Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    My favorite is Good Earth Sweet and Spicy. Second fav is licorice spice by Stash.
  • phungpat
    Options
    Green tea, extra strong. Makes me feel full after drinking which is an added bonus.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    A chai. I will add one sweetener pack. Sometimes I add sugar-free syrups, vanilla or pumpkin spice.
  • HipsterWhovian
    HipsterWhovian Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Twinings do an orange and lotus flower green tea which is delicious. Most green teas are scrummy though, but like someone else has said, don't overbrew green tea coz it does taste awful otherwise.
  • jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    In...to get some new ideas myself.

I like English Breakfast or Earl Grey for mornings, lemon & ginger or peppermint midday (afternoon "pick-me-ups" without added caffeine), chamomile in the evening. Probably an equally "boring" tea schedule, but those are my favorites.
    Duuuuuuuude we are tea twins!

I also suuuper love anything rose.
  • NoelFigart1
    NoelFigart1 Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options
    I'm mostly a coffee girl, but I really enjoy Celestial Seasoning's teas. The Raspberry Zinger and Mandarin Orange spice are a couple of faves.
  • Maleficent0241
    Maleficent0241 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    I have a whole cabinet just for my tea collection! I have plenty of standard teas and a lot of specialties from local places, but my favorites right now are grape scented oolong, English breakfast with dried cherries, and green rooibos with mango and rose petals. Yummy!