Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

college student looking for support in my weight loss journey!

hiya, I'm Sylvia & I am 22 & a full time college student who also works. So, as you can imagine eating healthy can sometimes be a struggle because I'm just so short of time.

I have struggled with my weight all my life unfortunately. My freshmen year in high school I weighed 240 pounds and was severely made fun of. However, I managed to take the weighed off and get down to 170 but in the process I had also developed eating disorders and become unhealthy. I went through a lot of counseling to help me get over my eating disorders but I have never learned to love my body! ....

Currently I have gained all my weight back and then some. I weigh the most I have ever weighed at 280 pounds. I refuse to reach 300 hundred pounds.!!! I want to lose this weight and keep it off not only for myself and my health but for my future children when I decide to have them. I don't want them to be embarrassed of mommy because she is fat & I definitely don't want them to go through what I went through. I feel if I get this weight off I'll learn how to and be more equipped to give my future kids the healthy tools they need.
However, I know if I take on this weight loss journey alone I have a risk of developing eating disorders again! I am looking for friends and support but I'm want to give back and help others if I can. So give me an add & hopefully we can climb this mountain together and come out on top healthier than before.

Replies

• Hi would you like to do this together? I'm at my all time high of 211 after I had my baby 2 years ago I have been struggling with food I also am an emotional eater so I think we can help each other let me know I'm new to this site
  • kml10kml
    kml10kml Posts: 6 Member
    Recent college grad here...I know the feeling. And I agree with everything you said. Friend request sent.
  • SylviaGem
    SylviaGem Posts: 51 Member
    Thanks I accepted I'm pretty sure! Look forward to getting to know you if you ever need anything just message me!
  • I'm a college student in the same boat. Add me
  • I'm a college graduate and I'm here for the same reason you are.
  • AzaleaNicole38
    AzaleaNicole38 Posts: 102 Member
    Pretty similar story here! Add me :smile:
  • SylviaGem
    SylviaGem Posts: 51 Member
    I will add you all :D gladly