Mom of two kids with hypothyroidism trying to lose weight

Options
Hi,
I'm a mom of two little kids 3 & 5. I have Hashimoto's disease so I'm always tired and weight gain had been a symptom. I'm looking for some friends to follow and support one another. I've lost 6 lbs but my goal is to lose 15-20 lbs more.

Replies

• Kellcim
    Kellcim Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I have a few more pounds than that to lose. dx 4 yrs ago and still trying to find the perfect combo for me.
  • allisonr09
    Options
    I have a hypothyroid and I'm on a new path for a healthy life! You can do it! I've lost 8 pounds and 17 3/4" with my new nutrionional program:)
  • missy2492
    missy2492 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I have hypothyroidism. It is hard to get off the weight. I feel tired too. Your welcome to add me.
  • hopeful1106
    hopeful1106 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I also have hypothyroidism you can add me of you like
  • socajam
    socajam Posts: 2,530 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Note sure if this will help, but as someone without a thyroid taking Synthroid daily, I had by blood work done in December where it showed that my Vitamin D levels were extremely low. My endocrinologist instructed that I start taking 2000 iu daily. The difference to how I use to feel then and now its like night and day.

May be you if you have not done so already get your Vitamin D checked out.

Also some Vitamin D tablets have soy in, so make sure to check if you are allergic to soy.

This is my third week of the New Year, I have lost 3.4 lbs, that may not seem like a lot, but to me that is like a mountain. You may also want to look into zig zagging your calories - www.freedieting.com. For me everything else leaves me feeling extremely hungry, whilst on this I have more control and tend not to overeat. I use Saturday and Sunday as my high calorie days.

My diary is empty as I am using another app to log my food - my weekly data is emailed to me every Monday morning so I can see how my goal for the past week.
  • nickylillyrose
    nickylillyrose Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    missy2492 wrote: »
    I have hypothyroidism. It is hard to get off the weight. I feel tired too. Your welcome to add me.

Thank you I will add you. :)
  • nickylillyrose
    Options
    I also have hypothyroidism you can add me of you like

Thank you I will add you. :)
  • nickylillyrose
    Options
    socajam wrote: »
    Note sure if this will help, but as someone without a thyroid taking Synthroid daily, I had by blood work done in December where it showed that my Vitamin D levels were extremely low. My endocrinologist instructed that I start taking 2000 iu daily. The difference to how I use to feel then and now its like night and day.

May be you if you have not done so already get your Vitamin D checked out.

Also some Vitamin D tablets have soy in, so make sure to check if you are allergic to soy.

This is my third week of the New Year, I have lost 3.4 lbs, that may not seem like a lot, but to me that is like a mountain. You may also want to look into zig zagging your calories - www.freedieting.com. For me everything else leaves me feeling extremely hungry, whilst on this I have more control and tend not to overeat. I use Saturday and Sunday as my high calorie days.

My diary is empty as I am using another app to log my food - my weekly data is emailed to me every Monday morning so I can see how my goal for the past week.

• nickylillyrose
    Options
    Thank you I truly appreciate you taking the time to give me all this information. I will indeed ask my doctor for a vitamin D test when I see him next month. Until then I will probably start taking vitamin D vitamins. I'lol also check out that website too. Thanks a lot for your help :-)