raw veggie stomach ache?

Options
Anyone else get a stomach ache when eating raw veggies??
I've recently started to try to eat more raw/fresh veggies for snacks at work and I find even just 10 or so baby carrots is enough to give me an upset stomach (it's not JUST baby carrots that cause it, that's just what I was eating today)
I assume it's just because my body isn't used to it because I can eat cooked veggies no problem...so I just wondered if you experienced this, and if so, how long before your body got used to it? Love how they taste, not loving how I feel after :(

Replies

• toffee322
    toffee322 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    my dr said broccoli and cauliflower can cause gas and bloating. i feel like steamed veggies are easier to digest! i get stomach pain frequently too!!
  • Nalgh94
    Nalgh94 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Yes, if I'm eating raw I need to have it chopped into a salad with a bit of vinger or dressing. Just munching on raw veggies doesn't sit well with me, I even tried it with fat free dip and it got worse
  • TKHappy
    TKHappy Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    My husband gets like that with raw veggies and raw nuts, not sure why! Maybe steamed would be better and then slowly add in th raw. :)
  • Figment14300
    Options
    your body might have trouble digesting raw veggies, you may want to stick to steamed/cooked veggies
  • shiseido_faerie
    shiseido_faerie Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone :)
    It certainly seems not to like the raw veg that's for sure.
    I guess I could keep some steamed on hand and just heat them up for a little afternoon snack....never really thought about that before.
  • cassavaca
    cassavaca Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    yea, it could very well you might have an intolerance or even allergy to them. I found out that im allergic to carrots, potatos, and onions....i wouldnt eat raw potatoes, but i do notice with onions that it doesnt bother me as much cooked, since the protein is cooked out of the vegetable
  • jillangel777
    jillangel777 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Raw carrots are the only raw veggie that upset my stomach but I still eat them.
  • Sharonks
    Sharonks Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    It could be that your body needs time to adapt. I'd step back on the raw and eat more steamed. Then slowly increase the raw and see what happens.
  • clheide
    clheide Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    shiseido_faerie, I'm curious to know if you kept at the raw veggies and if it got better over time? I just started trying to eat a bunch of raw veggies and my stomach is killing me! I want to stick with this if possible, assuming that it's supposed to get better!