Help - dreading my holiday so much I want to cancel it

Options
i'm booked to go to mexico in 9 weeks, and rather then being happy, I am dreading it. I've gained a massive 30lbs in the last year, although I lost 7lbs i'm still 23lb over what I should be. i'm panicking about this holiday and it's upsetting me thinking about going rather then being excited about my dream hols.. any tips for how I can lose the 23lbs .. I am completely dedicated.

Replies

• surfer1969
    Options
    This program works...
  • hannahbercegeay
    hannahbercegeay Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Following weight watchers is a very healthy way to go about it. Expect 1-2 lbs per week. Good luck!
  • Ann_Marie_76
    Ann_Marie_76 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I've been on here almost 4 years with great success. You can do this. 9 weeks is plenty of time to be where you want to be. Add me if you'd like. I love helping others and motivating any way I can.
  • junebug730
    Options
    Hi kelly. My name is Juan I also gain about 25lb
    Also. I'm minimize the salt, sugar and Grease . I also started going doing spinning classes at the gym, and I feel great. I been at it for a week and lost 5 pounds. But every one is different. Good luck and you'll get there. Add me!
  • karyabc
    karyabc Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    :s i hate when people say YOLO but for real you only live once! :# i will die if it was my holiday,i don't care how fat i am, vacation are to be enjoy , please go and be grateful cause many wish they could do it and to mexico?!that's awesomeee. so you need to see it from a positive point of view.

9 weeks is a reasonable amount of time to some lose weight and then when u come back you can keep working in your weight loss, so go for it ! MFP works, just be consistent.

Good luck._
  • ROBtheMFPmachine
    ROBtheMFPmachine Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    You definitely can lose 20 lbs in 9 weeks....I think 23 would be a bit too much. Really, it's not healthy to lose more than 2 lbs per week. Just stick with the program and you can do it! I lost 3 lbs in my first week, and I'm going to stick with it for 10 weeks or so....
  • EmilyStopFlying
    EmilyStopFlying Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I just came back from 3 weeks holiday where I completely ignored MFP and, if your concern is partially that you'll lose progress while away and get out of your routine, I found that that impact wasn't as bad as I was expecting. Because I did LOTS of walking around looking at sights and was /somewhat/ sensible with what I ate (very somewhat, I was in Malaysia and I was going to enjoy the food) I actually lost a bit and it has been easy to slip back into routines now that I'm home. Let yourself enjoy the holiday.

I will say I've noticed my fitness levels have dropped, but I'm sure I'll get them back up and my holiday was definitely worth it :smiley:
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    You're lucky you get to go on vacation. Try to lose a few pounds beforehand if you want, and enjoy yourself.