Long road to recovery

Options
No stranger to weight loss
Not sure what specifically prompted me to make a change, but Im here and Im sure it was a few diff things.
Im 265lbs and would like to get down to 150lbs by next summer. I have a looooong road to recovery, but I have employed everyone around me to help me make the change. Encouraging my daughters and husband to get healthy as well. I have lost 3lbs since Sunday ( 6 days ago) and the progress has given me a fiery passion to succeed! Obviously, I am morbidly obese and therefore exercise is a feat for me. So I started walking 4 miles in my neighborhood a day as many times a week as I can. Ive done the calculators and i should be burning about 140 calories per mile. I have a pool and as soon as its warm enough Ill be in it everyday possible. I should be able to burn 720 calories per hour of light swimming. Im watching my calorie intake and keeping it below 1300-1500 calories /day. That should create a calorie deficit of atleast 7000 calories /day. Maintaining that level of calories & level of activity will result in dramatic weight loss fast. Im only going to do this till I can get a good jump on my weight issues. Then i will balance them out to maintain a weight loss goal of 2lbs/week. Once my goal is reached I will rebalance to maintain my weight.
Im looking for all the support i can get and hopefully I can find someone to hold me accountable. Discipline is my new best friend.
~Candi (5-6-11 @ 265lbs)

Replies

• geri25
    geri25 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    welcome I joined this site jan 7 i lost 37 pounds so for had surgery the end of march so couldnt exercise but did walk a little, still cant do a whole lot of other exercises but walking more i am going to add u