What is YOUR "go-to meal"?

Options
MrsMKB
MrsMKB Posts: 64 Member
Hey ladies and gents! Tomorrow is my one-week-aversary and I am PUMPED! ... I asked a question to those on my friends list and had a lot of fun reading everyone's ideas, so I thought I'd repost here to get even more input :)
Also, while I've got your attention- if you are an active MFP user, please feel free to add me for mutual support and encouragement!

QUESTION:
What is your "go-to meal"? What is that one meal that keeps you on track because it hits all your cravings and is perfectly healthy/promotes your weight loss goals? ... Mine is my homemade tuna salad, with a variety of gluten-free crackers and cucumbers on the side, or my homemade turkey "taco" salad!

Extra points for protein junkies like me ;)

Replies

• CariJean64
    CariJean64 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    For lunch, I chop broccoli and cauliflower and use it as my "base" for salads instead of lettuce. Then I add a protein: hard-boiled egg, some chicken or turkey, some cheese, or some nuts.

For supper, a favorite is chicken and broccoli. If I'm low on fiber, I'll have peas instead of broccoli. But having chicken and a veggie is definitely my "go-to" for supper.
  • Soggynode
    Soggynode Posts: 1,179 Member
    Options
    Turkey, dried cranberry and feta cheese wrap with a pile of chopped veggies. It's my go-to lunch. I even put a picture of it on my profile page in case I forget what a really tasty lunch looks like and start thinking a trip to McDonald's is a good idea.
  • poohpoohpeapod
    poohpoohpeapod Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    sockeye salmon ( the real deal not farm raised) with my honey dijon glaze, roasted broccoli, roasted baby carrots (real baby carrots with the green tops on, roasted as well( taste like cnady when roasted) I could eat it every night. I also love my shake in the am with wild blueberries!
  • AngelZealot
    AngelZealot Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I love my protein too! The perfect breakfast for me is one egg, 2 egg whites, some mozzarella cheese and spinach over a whole wheat waffle!! Delicious!
  • GrooveAndImprove
    GrooveAndImprove Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Maybe not a meal, but I still absolutely love it (and crave it!):
    Hummus and carrots.
  • ErinK09
    ErinK09 Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    Sounds good! I like salads with lots of veggies and protein. But I'd rather eat peanut butter sandwiches every day. :#
  • MrsMKB
    MrsMKB Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    soggynode wrote: »
    Turkey, dried cranberry and feta cheese wrap with a pile of chopped veggies. It's my go-to lunch. I even put a picture of it on my profile page in case I forget what a really tasty lunch looks like and start thinking a trip to McDonald's is a good idea.
    Ohhhhh boyyy!!! So far this is my favourite sounds so good and includes so many of my favourites! I am definitely trying this out TOMORROW!! Thanks!!!
  • pimpin_po
    pimpin_po Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I whole wheat quesadilla, with low fat mozzarella cheese, turkey breast, and loads of jalapeños. Salsa picante sauce if I'm feeling extra spicy. With Special K chips because I adore chips.
  • UnicornAmanda
    UnicornAmanda Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I love tuna!!<3 my go to meal for awhile was tacos... They don't take long to make... Meat for protein, add the veggies to the top, but i got sooo sick of them! I need a new go to meal lol.
  • luvbwfc
    luvbwfc Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Steak fried up with a chopped onion and bell pepper, maybe an egg also!
  • Steff46
    Steff46 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    I love to cook up a sirloin tip roast (with balsamic vinegarette) in my crock pot and shred it. I then use it for wraps, tacos,or salads.....or just plain eat it out of a bowl........yum!
  • Nataliegetfit
    Nataliegetfit Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    I love beef fajitas with lots of onions, peppers, and mushrooms. tiny bit of cheese and lite sour cream.
  • Mycophilia
    Mycophilia Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    Ground beef in a tortilla wrap. I eat it every day lol.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    soggynode wrote: »
    oh my. That sounds good.

• neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 9,965 Member
    Options
    Lately it's been a toasted and buttered fried egg sandwich or peanut butter. I go through phases like this. Making a fried egg sammy right now.
  • trackercasey76
    trackercasey76 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    Cabbage soup with Smoked turkey sausage in it, so good!
  • martyqueen52
    martyqueen52 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    8 oz. slow cooked chicken breast in BBQ sauce, 1 box of steamers veggie baby blend, and two light and fit yogurt cups. Almost a DAILY lunch staple.... love it.
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    A Morningstar Farms spicy black bean burger topped with shredded sharp cheddar and an over easy egg. Salsa on the side. I love me a runny egg yolk.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    A wrap made with a low carb tortilla typically, with some deli meat and cheese (sometimes an egg) and a box of frozen Green Giant veggies on the side. That's probably my lunch actually.
  • amw1919
    amw1919 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Homemade turkey burgers, salsa chicken, or skinny chicken parmesan!