Protein supplement suggestions

I'm adding a little more dairy back into my diet and very happy to be able to use a whey protein supplement again. I'm looking for a high quality, low cal, low fat, high protein, no soy, and great price.

Thanks for your suggestions!!!

Replies

• Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard 100% Whey Protein, available at Costco among other places. A local trainer recommended it to me, and he suggests just picking it up at Costco (so obviously he's not getting a cut anywhere). It's good plain, good mixed in a smoothie, and surprisingly, good in coffee.
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Ive been looking for quest brand. Seems like a good deal.
  • hollypend
    hollypend Posts: 19 Member
    Thanks! I'm hoping others might share theirs too
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Optimum Nutrition is the start and end. Good, efficient, and tasty enough. Buy it from bodybuilding.com and you'll get great pricing.
  • evarga12
    evarga12 Posts: 55 Member
    edited January 2015
    For the price, macros & taste ON is very good! You can get a 2lber at your local GNC for like $28-30 or maybe cheaper at a vitaminshoppe - the lowest I purchased a 2lber was for $26!
  • jasonp_ritzert
    jasonp_ritzert Posts: 357 Member
    Try bodybuilding.com. They have lots of reviews/brands/flavors and trial sizes (5-10 servings) so you can try a few kinds to see which one you like.

Optimum Nutrition is good, I also like MusclePharm Combat Powder. The latter is creamier since it has a tiny bit more fat.
  • martyqueen52
    martyqueen52 Posts: 1,120 Member
    I recommend Dymatize ISO-100, or Cellucor. Optimum Nutrition is a great brand, but, it's VERY watery and has a dull taste.
  • successgal1
    successgal1 Posts: 996 Member
    I can't do whey. I just buy liquid egg whites at the grocery store.
  • Cholesterol is an ingredient in most protein products. Does anyone know anything about that? Good cholesterol? Bad? Is one whey product better than others?
  • dlvuyovich
    dlvuyovich Posts: 102 Member
    Beverly International UMP has been good to me. Can be pricey, but tastes good and mixes well. Can be found at a discount and cheaper on Amazon & Body Builder.

A lot of people in the body building world use BI because it has been cleaner than most, tried and true. After asking my fellow competitors and getting this consistent answer, I tried it and have not turned back.

If you are looking for 0 Carb (I had to for competition) try Isopure. It used to be nasty but I took a liking to the 0 carb banana and cookies & cream.
  • AlisonH729
    AlisonH729 Posts: 558 Member
    I use the unflavored Designer Whey which is probably not the highest quality recommendation, it's decently priced though. But I'm new to the game and really only use it in yogurt & smoothies to help get more protein into my diet.

My contribution to this post, however- is that I order from Puritan's Pride because they have free shipping AND I click through Ebates to get cash back. Puritan is 5% back right now and they usually have coupons. GNC is also 5% but no additional coupons.