Need to gain 15 to 17 lbs

Options
i need some tips or ideas, help !!

Replies

• elfman5150
    elfman5150 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Just search through the forums for general advice - I've found it really useful so far and I'm in the same boat as you (15 pound gain). Do you have any specific questions? That might help you get more responses.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    you need eat 500 calories over maintenance for 1 pound per week gain ..

what are your goals? Add muscle? Just add weight? Are you working out..??
  • AKDonF
    AKDonF Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    What NDJ said. If you are relatively new, your aim should be about 1 lb. weight gain per week or slighly more. If you are more experienced, it should be less.
  • princessx798
    Options
    I'm just starting on my weight gain journey, trying to gain 24lbs, set up for 1 lb/week and 2,100 calories per day. Is there any specific foods I should focus in on? Keep in mind my metabolism is extremely fast, so putting on weight has always been a struggle.
  • AKDonF
    AKDonF Posts: 235 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I don't know your stats, but I sincerely doubt you are going to get 1lb/week at 2100 calories. As far as what foods, really doesn't matter too much as long as you hit daily macro needs. I try and use the 80/20 rule. 80% more nutritious things and the last 20% doesn't matter.
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,598 Member
    Options
    Put cheese on everything. :D
  • kfno
    kfno Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Im underweight
    16%

I need about 15-17lbs to enter in the army. (19%)

Im not doing exercises right now. But I usually do p90x3 in the past.
  • heykate4
    heykate4 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Serious Mass in at least a once-daily shake. Even if it's just 1 scoop. Add some juice, yogurt, and frozen fruit. I also sometimes add ground up flax seed, oatmeal, and/or hemp seed for extra calories and nutrition. It helps me hit my calorie goal every day. Definitely not used as a meal replacement, but an addition.

Also, whole milk. It tastes better than the rest and has more calories!
  • Springfield1970
    Springfield1970 Posts: 1,945 Member
    Options
    kfno wrote: »
    Im underweight
    16%

I need about 15-17lbs to enter in the army. (19%)

Im not doing exercises right now. But I usually do p90x3 in the past.

What's your maintenance calories? Go to Scooby's calulator and put the work in. Add 500 calories over maintenance per day, lift heavy and eat your exercise cals back.

If you aren't a natural overeater then it's going to be an effort to hit those numbers.

I'm the opposite. Bulking is my natural state of eating, and I have to count and rein it in if I want a nice body. It's constant hard work but MFP calorie tracking becomes dead easy after a bit, and you learn how to eat to your needs again.