Here I go again...

Options
I'm so disappointed in myself. I am so utterly ashamed of what I have allowed to transpire. I hide in the shadows even more since gaining my weight back. I've come back with my tail between my legs trying to find my way again. :neutral_face:

Replies

• amber4016
    amber4016 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    After losing 60 lbs I hv gained it all back. Makes me so sad.
  • eepolitic
    Options
    amber4016 wrote: »
    I'm so disappointed in myself. I am so utterly ashamed of what I have allowed to transpire. I hide in the shadows even more since gaining my weight back. I've come back with my tail between my legs trying to find my way again. :neutral_face:
    Don't be ashamed and don't hang your head. All that negative thinking nd self doubt will only keep you right were you're at. Just pick yourself up and start again, like you're doing now. In 2011, I was 280 pounds. I got all the way down to 220. However, today, I stand at 340, 344 to be exact. The only thing you need to remember and take with you in the future is the fact that you did it once before so you know you can do it again. Hopefully, I've learned from my mistakes and will be aware of the many obstacles this time around. I wish the same for you.

• amber4016
    Options
    Thanks for the pep talk. I know I need to keep working on losing weight. I see my mom struggle at a young 68 years old and her quality of life has deteriorated so much due to her weight...I just don't want that for myself or my kids.
  • jodie3134
    jodie3134 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Hey good for you... you took the first step and came back. You did it once, you can do it again :) I feel the same way as you... I see issues with older family members and I know its because of their weight and unhealthy lifestyle. I don't want that to be me. We can do this!
  • weezee55
    weezee55 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    can i join this group? I have also gained weight previously lost.
  • amber4016
    Options
    The more support, the better! Thanks for responding. I know this happens to so many people. I'm hoping to keep myself focused on eating healthy and getting some exercise in. Stay on the right train.
  • ccbwoods23
    Options
    hey don't worry girl you're not alone I've been fighting my weight problem forever as well and I'm in my fifties and I can't move like a once did when I was ayounger woman but life is a fight and so is this so you hang in there put up your dukes and come out swinging! Besides you can't keep a good woman down.

• ColorMeGinger
    ColorMeGinger Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat with you. Lost almost 30 pounds last year, needed to lose 50, but by the end of the year had put 20 back on. I'm back to do it again too. I keep telling myself this is a process and I'm still working through the process. I learned last year how to lose so this year I need to learn how to maintain. It's a mindset makeover that takes time but WE CAN DO THIS!
  • tazhinshaw
    tazhinshaw Posts: 297 Member
    Options

You've done it once, do it again! You can do this, just don't give up. :)
  • jhoyett
    jhoyett Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I know from experience that it's a lot easier to put it back on than it was to take it off. Even harder (in my opinion) to KEEP it off after losing. It happens to the best of us. No need to feel bad--pick yourself up, make a new commitment and start working on it. Remember, this is a lifestyle change--a marathon, not a race. AND you have all of us here to support you! Good luck!! :)
  • deoneajobs
    Options
    Don't feel ashamed, I know easier said then done. I lost 50 pounds about three years ago kept It off for about two years and then gained 30pounds back. I was devastated. About two weeks ago I decide I only have two options 1) stay where Im at,or 2)make baby steps to get back where I was, since I've lost 7.8pounds. You can do it, I know right now it seems like you can't but you can! Best of luck!
  • gsarro
    gsarro Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Don't beat yourself up, I am back for my sixth time or seventh I can't keep track. The main thing is I keep coming back. I had lost 40 lbs on weight watchers and gained that and more back. Sometimes life gets in the way and you get tired of always watching calories. If you remember how it felt when you conquered it the first, second, etc. time you can get back up. I agree this is a life change and you can do it.
  • donlou33
    Options
    I hear you Amber and feel quite similar too :(
    After yoyoing for too long and a very fast gain after I quit smoking (which I restarted :blush: ) I'm back again to try again. I'm currently 10 kilos over my 'comfy' weight but would like to lose more.
    I'm so sick of being fed up with my fat tummy/thighs/bum/muffin top <damn list is endless>
    Well done for taking the bull by the horns Amber - this is the first step.
    Let's do this! - You've (we've) done it before and can do it again.
  • amber4016
    Options
    Oh wow...thanks for the replies. Sometimes the task seems so daunting that it's too much. I remember that feeling of losing pounds and buying smaller clothes. It's a wonderful feeling and I want that again.
  • Opera_Bound
    Opera_Bound Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    I've been using this site on and off again (unfortunately, mostly off) since 2008. My initial weight loss was great, a solid 40 lbs. I started around 270 and got down to a consistent 230, sometimes dipping lower. And then a year and a half ago, I somehow managed to get below 215 for the first time since 2004, was buying smaller sized clothing and feeling great!

I wish I could say I don't know what happened, but it's simple really. . . I stopped trying. I allowed myself to revert to old habits of stress eating, lazy days off with my tiny roommate, and I forgot all the hard work I put in and continued to make excuses for myself. I'd do well for a couple of weeks at a time and then life would take over again.

I'm back at it again, closer to the 270 mark than I EVER wanted to see myself again. I'm almost 250lbs, yet I SWORE I'd never get over 230lbs again. I hate to say that I haven't yet found a balance for work, play, and a healthy lifestyle. I'm an opera singer and the late nights, lots of travel, and social aspects of the business present a lot of challenges I've yet to conquer. However, I've found a great support system of fellow singers, friends, family, and strangers here at MFP who just want to see me succeed - in both my health and career aspirations. We have to learn to accept our weaknesses and learn from them. There's no shame in admitting it to yourself or to others, as long as you're willing to find the fight again!

Wishing you the best of luck on this journey. Take it one day at a time, and allow yourself to remember that you're HUMAN - we can't be perfect. There will be highs and lows, good days and bad, but we're all here for you and every journey is different! Embrace the change and keep at it!
  • amber4016
    Options
    Thank you for your words of encouragement! They mean a lot to me.
  • Jerseygrrl
    Jerseygrrl Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I hear ya'. I lost 40 pounds in 9 months and put 20 back on the following 6 months.
    Please don't beat yourself up. I really think it takes more than one "go" at it to make it stick. You've figured out some things that work and some things that don't.
    Don't give up on yourself. Take the things you know worked and work on those that didn't.
    You'll get there, it just takes time and patience with yourself.
  • rsclause
    rsclause Posts: 3,103 Member
    Options
    After I lost fifty pounds I came up with my safe zone of normal weight fluctuations. A alert zone that I should be working on losing. I am now in the danger zone and have started running again as of this morning. You know how to lose weight, just don't let it get that far away from you this time.
  • Btbeam
    Btbeam Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    You can add me to the group of folks who have been up and down. I have probably gained and lost 500 lbs in my adult lifetime. On 8/5/14 I found myself back up to 450. I have since lost 105 lbs and am feeling great about my progress. I can tell you one of the biggest things I have done different this time is being more transparent about my struggles and victories. Feel free to add me as a friend to help lend support. Good Luck