Fitness buddies?

Options
Hello everyone,
My name is Kat and I'm looking for fitness buddies to help me stay motivated. I ve lost so much weight before and have given up so many times not realizing all the hard work I ve put in. I know weightloss is a Tough journey and a choice of lifestyle, so if you're going through samething hit me up!

Replies

• angelsbabygirl
    Options
    I'm the exact way! I always get motivated but after like a week or after I get the soreness I find myself giving up
  • alisonabdelnor
    Options
    I need a buddy to, I am all alone in this, and I don't know if I can keep it up on my own. I have a long ways to go until I get to that healthy weight I am just hoping someone can help motivate me and push me to keep me on the right path.
  • kathyhern521
    Options
    The Highest I've ever been was 207. I normally plateu in the 180's and last time I was able to get in the 170's and I still fell off the wagon lol! Can you believe that? Hopefully we both stick to it this time.
  • mamacoates
    mamacoates Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Hey Kathy, I have been on this sight for a year and a half. Started about where you are at, and have lost 35+ lbs (3 pant sizes) and still working towards more. Feel free to add me, but no pity parties from this corner. Expect some kicks in the pants to keep going toward successful! To help you get started, read this article by a couple of longtime MFP'ers. http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1080242/a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants. Good luck and welcome!
  • kathyhern521
    Options
    You re alone no more! When we have each other we have a better chance of accomplishing this journey.
  • kathyhern521
    Options
    mamacoates wrote: »
    Hey Kathy, I have been on this sight for a year and a half. Started about where you are at, and have lost 35+ lbs (3 pant sizes) and still working towards more. Feel free to add me, but no pity parties from this corner. Expect some kicks in the pants to keep going toward successful! To help you get started, read this article by a couple of longtime MFP'ers. http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1080242/a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants. Good luck and welcome!
    +
    Thanks! I appreciate your honesty and support!

• DWBalboa
    DWBalboa Posts: 37,255 Member
    Options
    One thing that would help you is to find an accountabuddy or an accountable buddy if you’re in to that whole proper English thing. Someone that will keep you accountable when you’re lying to yourself; we all do it, so own it and move on. It should be someone that is in your personal life, that way they see firsthand the things that you are doing. You can have multiple buddies but try and find one that you know personally, that will push you but be respectful about it, you don’t need a drill instructor that will only dissuade you in the long run. The other reason you need it to be someone in your personal life rather than someone on a website is that you can hide from us but not from them. I have been an “accountabuddy” for several people that just stopped logging in so how can I hold them accountable right?
    Which brings me to my next point, change starts and ends with you and there is no better accountabuddy to you than yourself. This site is a great tool but it’s only as good as the people that use it. Log everything that goes in your mouth! Don’t sweat it when you go over just do better but take ownership for it. Don’t cut corners, don’t starve yourself either, your body needs the calories. Experiment with your daily calorie goal to find out what works for you. Enjoy the foods you like just do it in proper portions and maybe restrict how often you have it if it’s something that throws you off. I.E. Pizza, I could eat it every day but that would be counterproductive.
    Find what exercise routines works for you and that you enjoy and mix it up so you don’t get into a regular routine that you may get bored of.
    Good luck.
    V/r,
    DW.
  • alankie
    alankie Posts: 19
    Options
    Hello everyone,
    My name is Kat and I'm looking for fitness buddies to help me stay motivated. I ve lost so much weight before and have given up so many times not realizing all the hard work I ve put in. I know weightloss is a Tough journey and a choice of lifestyle, so if you're going through samething hit me up!

Feel free to add me!
  • kathyhern521
    Options
    @DWBalboa‌ you speak the truth. I know it's a lot difficult than it sounds. Most of the people in my life has cut corners, like having surgery. But I use that as a motivation and a sense of competition too. Plus, I know I ll feel a lot better doing it natural. I guess I just have to expand my horizons. Thanks
  • ransaka
    ransaka Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    mamacoates wrote: »
    To help you get started, read this article by a couple of longtime MFP'ers. http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1080242/a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants. Good luck and welcome!

This. It helps remove any confusion and if you follow the advice in it you will find it working for you as it encourages a lifestyle change not a temp solution.

Good luck!

• DWBalboa
    DWBalboa Posts: 37,255 Member
    Options
    Kat,
    You are welcome. Doing it the natural way is certainly the way to go. If you set you mind to it you can accomplish anything. I was almost at 250, (in fact I may have hit it) I seem to recall the heaviest that I saw on the scale was like247 or so. I finally set my mind on get back to or at least near my ideal weight which is around 165-170. I have seen my best and most consistent weight loss since starting on this site and do my best when I have logged everything even when I knew it was going to put me over. I still have a ways to go but I’m getting there.
    I would also recommend getting a good heart rate monitor (HRM) that also tracks steps. I use the Garmin Vivofit and like it but I would highly suggest doing your homework before making that kind of investment as everybody’s needs are different.
    Please feel free to add me if you would like or just message me anytime you have a question.
    V/r,
    DW.
  • div9diva44
    div9diva44 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
  • amy_j28
    amy_j28 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Hi Kat, feel free to add me, looking for motivational friends as well! I think a lot of us are in the same shoes. I used to be on Weight Watchers years ago and was 5 lbs away from my goal, but just "gave up" / "got busy" etc. It's a new year, and hoping to make things happen!
  • srrosenbalm
    srrosenbalm Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    @kathyhern521‌ I've fluctuated a lot with my weight as well. My highest was 190 lbs (210 right before giving birth but that's a story all on its own), and I've actually gotten pretty close to my goal weight before. However, this past year I fell of the wagon, and gained a majority of it back. So, I'm looking to add friends that are really motivated to stick with this. I'm sending you a friend request, and if anyone else on this thread wants to, feel free to add me!
  • mellong1650
    Options
    Feel free to add me!! Always looking to motivate & get motivated!!