5'1-5'2 ladies what is your daily calorie goal?

Options
My BMR is 1292 but my tdee is anywhere between 1700 (iilym) to 2100 on scooby. To lose I have to eat anywhere between 1400 (iilfym) to 1800 on scooby.

Most days I average between 1400-1800 calories a day. ( not net because I don't follow mfp)

Can someone tell me what their numbers are?

I'm 5'2 130.0-130.6pds and exercise 3-4 hours a week.

Replies

• higgins8283801
    higgins8283801 Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2, 129.9lbs and my mfp daily goal is 1530. ( I am a sahm, but have myself as lightly active because I jog 5 miles 3 to 4 times a week)

I try to eat around that number net. I am usually under by 400 because I don't eat back all my calories.

I do know my tdee is 2093 off scooby and 17something off the other side and my BMR is 1225 on iifym and 1392 on scooby.
  • AndreaEIE
    AndreaEIE Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1 And 125. My mfp calorie allotment is 1330. I workout 8-9 hours per week.
  • segacs
    segacs Posts: 4,599 Member
    Options
    5'1" / 135 here. My daily calorie goal is 1325, including exercise.

Different calculators return different TDEE values but I ignore them all and basically use my own calculated values in Excel, going on actual weight loss and calories consumed over the past 90 days or so.

I've been losing steadily and feeling fine at 1325. YMMV.
  • mom3over40
    mom3over40 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2.75", currently 120 lbs. My numbers are very similar to yours. I'm actually at goal weight right now but needed to get rid of more fat. I find myself eating anywhere between my fat-loss number (1400) to my maintenance number (1800). As a result, I'm also not losing much weight either....
  • steff274
    steff274 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    5ft 2 currently 104 pounds maintaining but would like to bump it up a couple of pounds don't like being under 105 pounds!! to maintain without excersize on very active settings 2010.. I normally get in at least 2300 on my days off work sometimes less.. excersize calories I log all of my gym activities and if I am mucking out more than just my own horse when I am working on the yard I will log that I also log sweeping if I am sweeping for more than 30 minutes ;)
  • Ooci
    Ooci Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Please could someone explain TDEE - what is it? What's BMR? What's Scooby? Thanks.
    - 5ft and half an inch. I think I will lose at 1450 cals per day. I weigh 134 right now :D

I do around 10 hours of tennis a week - -about 1.5 hours a day -sometimes more - and I manage a 4 acre garden - and renovate an old Georgian cottage which can be very physical at times! Not so much in winter though.
  • Fatimahasnain
    Fatimahasnain Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I m 5'1 ... My current weight is 120lbs.... I need to tone up my body...my daily consumption is 1200 calories...
  • Barbara0853
    Barbara0853 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi I am 5'2" and my calories are 1200 and I am doing weight watchers for the accountability and help. Good Luck to all of you. I would like to lose about 50 - 60lbs. I am 61 to be honest and I have osteo in both knees, arthritis and bone spurs in my hip, neuropathy in my feet and back issues and the Wellness Center here with a pool is great for ones like me. I am going to get a exercise program but I am real active as I am a caregiver and go non stop most of the time. I am involve in my church. We canceled our gym membership because of no pool and need to join one with a pool. I am told the treadmill is not good for my joints and I love it but I guess I will be doing a lot of bicyling (gym-stationary bike). I just spent about 2 months doing aquatics (water therapy for my hip and knees). Anyone want to offer any suggestions or tips I am open for advice and this is a journey that I must be committed to.
  • MorganMoreaux
    MorganMoreaux Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2, 117 lbs, lightly active, and 38 years old. My weight goal is 105 - 110 lbs. My calorie goal is 1200. Personally, in MFP I have my goal as 1000 just so I can be notified when I am approaching my limits lol. For some reason, that gets my attention seeing little warning blurbs that I am about to go over, but it helps prevent me from binge eating right before bed lol. I have been losing steadily since joining MFP. In July I weighed 155 lbs, and lost 30lbs in a month by just cutting out alcohol and heavily processed foods. I'm kind of in the fine tuning stage of the process as I am trying to get leaner and have my BMI around 18.5 (it's currently at 21.) Good luck to you on your journey!
  • jdhcm2006
    jdhcm2006 Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1, 27, and I workout 6 days a week (and most days I do double workouts). My TDEE is set at 1810. I try to get that number daily. On some days, I may eat more or a little less depending on hunger, but I always strive to get as close to the 1810 as possible (even on my rest day).
  • ThatMouse
    ThatMouse Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' 1" and currently 130lbs. My goal weight is 105lbs.
    I hit the gym and dojo pretty frequently, and according to my HRM (which doesn't work half the time) my TDEE is generally between 1850-2100Cal depending on if I have karate or do a double). My week includes 3x weight lifting, 2x HIIT Cardio and HIIT Kettlebell, 2x karate and I'm hoping to add Bikram yoga as active recovery on Sundays provided I can afford it.

I'm hoping to be fairly aggressive in my weight loss, but I've set myself a hard-deadline of 105lbs by my 25th birthday in Feb 2016. So lots of time to account for *kitten* ups, ha ha!

I eat around 1250-1300Cal a day and will sometimes have a flex day on weekends where I'll go up to 1600Cal.
  • AvaMusnicki
    AvaMusnicki Posts: 15 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I am 5'1 128 lbs. I did a hydrostatic body fat test which estimated my daily calories should be 1346 based on my muscle-fat ratio. I am 32% bodyfat which is defined as obese in the bodyfat world. I can only lose weight if my net is 850 (no exercise) or net 1000 (on exercise days) which is torture for me. I know it shouldn't seem to make sense if I am at a calorie deficit on a non-workout day but its does make a difference for my body. Definitely something there when they say your body keeps burning calories even after working out. I work out 4x a week CrossFit with occasional jogging, yoga or jumping on a trampoline for hours with the kids :wink:
  • sunnyside1213
    sunnyside1213 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    I must be a slug. My BMR is 935.
  • Pickles175
    Pickles175 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Ooci wrote: »
    Please could someone explain TDEE - what is it? What's BMR? What's Scooby? Thanks.
    - 5ft and half an inch. I think I will lose at 1450 cals per day. I weigh 134 right now :D

TDEE is the amount calories your body burns in a 24 hour period, sleeping, working, exercising, playing and even digesting food. Your BMR is represents the number of calories your body burns at rest.

Scooby is just a website that has calculators to find out this info for you. I use this calculator to find my tdee, the calorie goal and where I should set my macros.

http://iifym.com/iifym-calculator/

Also, I am actually 5' so just under and my calorie goal is basically around 1500. I do weight work 4 days a week and cardio 1 day. :smile:
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,716 Member
    Options
    Hi I am 5'2" and my calories are 1200 and I am doing weight watchers for the accountability and help. Good Luck to all of you. I would like to lose about 50 - 60lbs. I am 61 to be honest and I have osteo in both knees, arthritis and bone spurs in my hip, neuropathy in my feet and back issues and the Wellness Center here with a pool is great for ones like me. I am going to get a exercise program but I am real active as I am a caregiver and go non stop most of the time. I am involve in my church. We canceled our gym membership because of no pool and need to join one with a pool. I am told the treadmill is not good for my joints and I love it but I guess I will be doing a lot of bicyling (gym-stationary bike). I just spent about 2 months doing aquatics (water therapy for my hip and knees). Anyone want to offer any suggestions or tips I am open for advice and this is a journey that I must be committed to.

After you finished your water therapy, did you get recommendations on what you now can and cannot do? I'd consult your doctor or a physical therapist first, but can you alternate stationary biking with the elliptical and rowing machine as well? Also, add in strength training. Makes a world of difference! Again, get clearance on what is okay for you and then get a program going. You can do this!