Is there a way to set up goals when you have different intake goals for rest and lift days?

I am following the Renaissance Diet with a Power-lifting training regime. I have a rest day calorie and Macro plan, and a lift day plan that increases carb intake for training. Pretty straight forward plan. Right now I have my goals set on the rest day and will just set out to be over goal by the right amounts on my lift days. Just wondering if there was any way to set this or any advice on tracking.

Replies

• LittleDarling85
    LittleDarling85 Posts: 5 Member
    Hey, I'm doing the same sort of thing! Though lucky for me i only have 1 or 2 rest days a week and I consider all otther days moderate because I never stop moving AND train 6 days a week. I don't think there is a way to change macro goals unless you manually did it every day. If you memorize your targets for carbs and protein for each type of day (because fat isn't AS important) just keep it in mind as best you can. On rest days I look 100g under my carb goal but I know why. Good luck!
  • undergloom
    undergloom Posts: 531 Member
    edited January 2015
    I just created and saved a cardio exercise in MFP that "burns" a certain amount of calories, and I simply add this to my exercise log on workout days. This takes care of the calorie side of things.

The macros are a little trickier. What I ended up doing was just bumping my total carb percentage up and only focusing on the weekly totals rather than the daily totals. I'll strive to be under my carb goal on non-workout days and over my carb goal on workout days by certain percentages, but when I look at the week in review it adds up to my macros. That's the best way I've found to handle a diet like that. It'd be a great feature if we had that sort of flexibility with macro splits.