Keto & Intermittent Fasting

Options
I am just wondering if there is anyone out there doing both keto and intermittent fasting. I did keto about a year ago but wasn't in the mindset to keep going, quit and pull all and then some back on.

Found out about intermittent fasting and started that and love it. I have been doing that for the last eight months but only lost a little bit of weight. I just kept binging (in my eating hours) on carbs and fats, but when I was on keto I felt amazing. So I am doing both.

Anyone else?

Replies

• NisCAPE
    NisCAPE Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi there, I started two days ago. Like yourself I was on the keto diet but gave in. I did lose a good amount of weight.

I've chosen to incorporate keto and intermittent fasting now to see how I'll fair. Seems like a good plan lots of research suggests good solid way to lose weight. Its only my first week so early to tell. But watch this space. Maybe you can add me as a friend we can monitor each other etc.

Good luck with your diet....!!!!
  • matean444
    matean444 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi, and yes I'm doing keto. Lost 16 pounds in 3 weeks; felt great, good energy. Now progress has stopped and I started fitness pal to help keep track of calories instead of just eyeballing and guessing protein, fats. Also, shooting for under 20 grams of carbs, and stick to nutrient dense veggies for those (avocaco, cauliflower, greens). How did you hear about keto? (me, Maria Emmerich's blog)
  • NisCAPE
    NisCAPE Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    matean444 wrote: »
    Hi, and yes I'm doing keto. Lost 16 pounds in 3 weeks; felt great, good energy. Now progress has stopped and I started fitness pal to help keep track of calories instead of just eyeballing and guessing protein, fats. Also, shooting for under 20 grams of carbs, and stick to nutrient dense veggies for those (avocaco, cauliflower, greens). How did you hear about keto? (me, Maria Emmerich's blog)

Sounds great.

Could you send me an example of your diet and exercise routine if you have one where you lost 16lbs because that's really impressive.

I heard about keto diets from a bodybuilding website, seems like all the bodybuilders swear by it....!!!!

• ConanSonja
    ConanSonja Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    That is awesome 16lbs is just amazing. What are your ratios?

I heard about keto about a year ago (I think from Lyle McDonald site). I tried the restricted protein sparing fast but didn't fair well, then saw keto and started research.

I am only day 6 but only day 3 on MFP, early days.