Low calorie and delicious soup!

Options
TriciaNS
TriciaNS Posts: 4 Member
If you're craving a filling and yummy soup, I started making a kale and bean soup that I found on allrecipes.com. Only 188 calories a cup! And it definitely keeps me full for a while. Make sure to add some red pepper flakes to it. Currently enjoying a bowl now. :)

Replies

• ettaterrell
    ettaterrell Posts: 887 Member
    Options
    I made a leek and broccoli soup the other day to eat with lunch it was great, broccoli, leek, celery, one can of beans onion and chicken broth after done I blended to make smooth was 120 cals add cheese on top if u like. I keep this in my freezer to grab when ever not very pretty color but I love taste
  • jamesbhynes
    jamesbhynes Posts: 24
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Chicken pot pie soup! Delishious and very filling. Full bowl (1-1/2 cups) for 260 calories.
    About 170 cals/cup.

12 oz cooked chicken breast diced
    1 onion diced
    50 g of broccoli
    Garlic to taste
    4 cups no fat milk
    2 cups water
    1/4 cup flour for thickener
    10 oz frozen veg (carots, green pees, corn)
    2 potatoes skinned and diced small
    8 oz mushrooms sliced
    2 cubes chicken boulion
    Pepper to taste
    Pinch of dried thyme

Cook onions and garlic in pot till onions translucent add water, milk and remaining ingredients reserving 1/2 cup of water. Cook until potatoes are tender (10 mins) wish 1/4 cup flour with 1/2 cup water and slowly add/stir into soup. Simmer until thickened.
  • nursethis
    nursethis Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Low cal soup
    1 head of cabbage chopped bite sized
    2 or 3 onions chopped
    1 bunch cilantro
    1 can Rotel hot
    1 large can of diced tomatoes
    2 or 3 boxes chicken broth or water
    Throw it in a crock pot at night on low, soup is ready the next morning
  • Sweets1954
    Sweets1954 Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    Most broth based soups are going to be low calorie, it depends upon what you put in them. Avoid a lot of noodles and dumplings, go for lots of veggies and a little meat and you will be good. There are lots of options for lower calorie cream based soups as well, just look around the internet.
  • alisonmarie85
    alisonmarie85 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Bump !
  • spatdi
    spatdi Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • pluginkate
    pluginkate Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm starting an intermittent diet so low calorie soups will be great for my fasting days, gonna give some of these a go, thanks!
  • jahalme
    Options
    pluginkate wrote: »
    I'm starting an intermittent diet so low calorie soups will be great for my fasting days, gonna give some of these a go, thanks!

For when you're in a hurry have cans of light Progresso soups on hand.. They're delish! :)