Positive Motivation

Options
I am searching for a positive group of people to chat with. Every time I try to find groups or blogs to write on everyone is so negative, it's almost expected to fail on their weight-loss journey. I'd rather not chat with anyone negative. This is hard enough without anyone pulling me down. Anyone positive off there? Like to join!

Replies

• div9diva44
    div9diva44 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
  • MellowGa
    MellowGa Posts: 1,305 Member
    Options
    Sure I will join, I like positive people to. Have you ever read the book don't sweat the small things?

Lets be better today than we were yesterday
  • csingleton24
    csingleton24 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Same here! Sending you a friend request. I'd love to share recipes and workouts too. :)
  • MellowGa
    MellowGa Posts: 1,305 Member
    Options
    how is everyone doing today?
  • ccpapajet
    ccpapajet Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I lost 2lbs. Last week!!! Woohoo. I'm in this 'Biggest Loser' Challange with local moms and people in my town. You send in a photo of your scale every week and then they post everyone's weights on the chart and they send out the charts to all the people. Not down on myself, didn't want any extreme diet because I'm looking at this long term...not a '30 day diet', just more control of my snacking and definite increase on my fitness. So I am very happy with the 2 pounds. Until I saw the percentages of everyone on the chart!!!! OMG! These people must've stopped eating all last week! Crazy! How can they keep up that momentum? This challenge ends April 1 so I can't imagine doing that week after week. Anyway! I just realize I sound jealous. Not good. Shame on me. Good for them, wish them the very best!

My other new project is on Monday Wednesday and Friday I walk/ run with a friend of mine. She usually runs 3 miles a day but she decided to take a few steps back to help me out. Which is totally awesome of her! She is such a good friend for doing that. We started that last week and so far it's going great!

How is everyone else? Doing good?

• jeffininer
    jeffininer Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I know exactly what you mean. For the longest time my sister and I were on a huge back and forth competition. Right now I'm on the up side and she's on the down side. Instead of competing, I'm doing a lot like your friend. Being along side her and encouraging her to keep on going. I love this between us. No more jealousy for each other, just motivation and support.

Feel free to FR me :) I'm around every day and if I don't comment, I will at least like your news feed posts.

And it's great to lose 2 pounds in a week!! Just keep it up. Slow and steady is MUCH better than fast and crashing. It took me 7 months to lose 30 pounds. But well worth it. I might have gained back 5, but I'm well on the way to losing it again :)
  • ccpapajet
    ccpapajet Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    That's great losing 30lbs! What a wonderful achievement!!! I am proud of the 2lbs. A good start
  • veronicarizo71
    Options
    I would today was my first day so far so good :)