Tea/ hot drink recommendations?

Options

Replies

• torie079
    torie079 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    English breakfast tea and Chamomile are my favorites... I do lemon ginger when I've been sick.
  • carliekitty
    carliekitty Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Harney & son blueberry green tea......sooooooooooo yummy!
  • Hope228
    Hope228 Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    At night I am always cold lately so I have some Celestial Seasonings Honey Vanilla Chamomile Tea. It relaxes me & warms me up. :)
  • Laurend224
    Laurend224 Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options
    Celestial Seasonings Country Peach and Apple Cinnamon Spice lately. Sleepytime Extra and Alvita Lemongrass are perennial favorites. I drink coffee too, but only in the mornings.
  • kaz1350
    kaz1350 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Twinings Chai Tea - one with caffeine in the morning, and then any others throughout the day are decaf.
  • likeadyingstar
    likeadyingstar Posts: 6 Member
    Options

You're all awesome. Thank you! Hopefully this helps anyone else stuck in a tea rut

Now, which to try first? D:
  • mforrestall
    mforrestall Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I like the Yogi brand teas a lot. My current favorites are the vanilla spice (replaced my undying love for French vanilla coffee that I had to give up) and soothing bedtime caramel.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    I'm die hard early grey fan.

I have "branched out" to a lavender earl gray- and I also love lady grey- which has slightly more bergemon in it- which I like.

once in a blue moon I use a chai to spice things up- but not often.

Trader Joe's " Well Rested" is in my cabnet as well.

Herbal teas are reserved for when I'm sick.
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    I'm currently loving Stash's "Chai Green" & "Mango Passionfruit" (decaf for afternoons) and Celestial Seasonings' "Honey Vanilla Chamomile" - YUM!
  • BodyByButter
    BodyByButter Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    Jlferger wrote: »
    Anyone try the pu erh teas? Supposed to help with weight loss too just not sure if it's true or how they taste

I have a lot of puerh, both sheng and shou. Asking what they taste like is sort of like asking someone what fruit tastes like. It comes in tons of different types. It can range from "barnyard" notes to mushroom to...well, all over the board.

As far as weight loss, don't believe that stuff. Drink it if you enjoy it but don't expect it to work magic.

• BodyByButter
    BodyByButter Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    I have 1-2 milky PG Tips in the morning, occasionally a peppermint at night to relax... Been thinking it's time to branch out a little

What are your favourites?

Any loose leaf black with citrus notes, or any golden tipped black Yunnan. I can send you some samples if you like, I am pretty into tea and a mod on Steepster.
  • La5Vega5Girl
    La5Vega5Girl Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    i love peach. i use two bags per mug. :smiley:
  • Nataliegetfit
    Nataliegetfit Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    I like Bigelo vanilla chai and earl gray also twinnings Peach.
  • stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    I like English Breakfast, some of the more complex mints like Tazo's Refresh, and Harney and Sons Blackberry. I also have sampled and enjoyed, but not yet bought a full size of Harney and Sons Chocolate Mint, Lapsang Souchong, and Russian Caravan.

I'm a big fan of chai lattes, but those are for special occasions because I don't like drinking my calories. Besides, most of them are nowhere near spicy enough for me, and I need to grind extra black pepper into the spices to perk it up.
  • jadior
    jadior Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Jlferger wrote: »
    Anyone try the pu erh teas? Supposed to help with weight loss too just not sure if it's true or how they taste

I've purchased this through Teavana-my favorite tea place. They taste good but did nothing for weight loss.
  • CountessKitteh
    CountessKitteh Posts: 1,505 Member
    Options
    spunmommy wrote: »
    Lemon ginger and Celestial Seasonings Bengal Spice.

It's herbal chai! I love it!

I've been doing Bigelow's Plantation Mint (black tea with spearmint) at work a lot recently. I'm also a big fan of a strong Earl Grey.

Chamomile is the worst. It tastes like flowers.
  • Codilee87
    Codilee87 Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    I start my day with a black tea or coffee, then mid-morning I usually have green or oolong, with lunch I'll have a lemon or roobios, afternoons I usually go with green tea or coffee again then after dinner I'll have a cinnamon spice or chamomile.
  • successgal1
    successgal1 Posts: 996 Member
    Options
    Another lemon and ginger here. Celestial seasonings is the best. Also their red zinger. Earl gray or regular black tea. Coffee of course.
  • jadior
    jadior Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I like the Yogi brand teas a lot. My current favorites are the vanilla spice (replaced my undying love for French vanilla coffee that I had to give up) and soothing bedtime caramel.

I bought yogi stress relief at a friend's recommendation and I don't like it at all! I can mail it to you if your interested! Message me.
  • JohnH71
    JohnH71 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I like Lidl's Green tea with lemon, if I want a little caffeine perk, otherwise its Lidl's Lemon & Ginger or Aldi's Reviving Peppermint.

I picked up a carton of Taylors Camomile & Vanilla today for a bit of variety, but I've no idea if I'll like it. I'm hoping it will be nice and relaxing.