"Clean" vs "junk" food while bulking

Options
2»

Replies

• auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    lyzxyzzy wrote: »
    I've always wanted to eat cake frosting straight. Now I do.

My friend in high school loved twix dipped in cake frosting. I'd imagine it would work well with any of your favorite candy bars.
  • lyzxyzzy
    lyzxyzzy Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    auddii wrote: »
    lyzxyzzy wrote: »
    I've always wanted to eat cake frosting straight. Now I do.

My friend in high school loved twix dipped in cake frosting. I'd imagine it would work well with any of your favorite candy bars.

Ooooohhh yeah. Chica chica.
  • JeffseekingV
    JeffseekingV Posts: 3,165 Member
    Options
    jbgolf52 wrote: »
    Do you guys eat "clean" for your bulks or do you incorporate junk food treats daily? I don't want to start a clean vs dirty food, and I'm well aware of IIFYM and the ability to fit whatever food you want into your diet. I'm just wondering how you guys do it.

Personally, I'm bulking at about a pound a week and have had to resort to junk food most days as I can't reach my calorie goal through "clean" foods. I enjoy eating healthy and resorting to junk all the time is not fun but I'd rather make progress than be stuck forever small.

I thought clean bulk = 100-200 calories over maintenance? And dirty bulk = way over your calorie limits? And really has nothing to do with the morality assignments to foods?
  • beastcompany
    beastcompany Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    JoRocka wrote: »
    how do I do it?

quick and dirty....

oreos + ice cream

and snickers.
    obviously snickers.

Look. If you keep this up it's going to be very difficult to resist the urge to send you photos from my exclusive Christmas Calendar session...the ones that weren't allowed to be on the calendar.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    JoRocka wrote: »
    how do I do it?

quick and dirty....

oreos + ice cream

and snickers.
    obviously snickers.

oh really.... >:)

Good lord- thank you for getting that. I was like REALLY no one is going to touch it??? COME ONE - it's begging for it!!!
    Look. If you keep this up it's going to be very difficult to resist the urge to send you photos from my exclusive Christmas Calendar session...the ones that weren't allowed to be on the calendar.

I'm so not sure I could stand the torture.
  • jenglish712
    jenglish712 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    I am quite sure you don't have to beg for someone to touch it...
  • Wheelhouse15
    Wheelhouse15 Posts: 5,575 Member
    Options
    VeryKatie wrote: »
    I probably don't have the right to post here but when I eventually do my first bulk (still getting my BF down a bit right now), I'm heading STRAIGHT FOR THE NACHOS AND KRAFT DINNER (might even replace the milk with butter only... heh heh). Though honestly, I'm sure it'll be a mix of "clean and junk" since, as a woman, my maintenance isn't going to be as high as a man's but I know I can pack it in reeeaaal good.

Sounds like a good plan. Just have to figure out your maintenance and once you're ready and you'll be well on your way.
  • Wheelhouse15
    Wheelhouse15 Posts: 5,575 Member
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »
    I find it very hard myself to get enough calories in without adding some junk, so yes I usually do have at least some foods each day that aren't really "clean".

Why are you here? You aren't even bulking or never have.
    jbgolf52 wrote:
    You should be banned for wasting people's time in your thread.
    I was simply answering the question, not trying to bring the stuff from my own thread into this thread. I am in the process of beginning a slow bulk.

LOL

what does "in the process of beginning a slow bulk" even mean???????????

just start eating more and lifting more, process over

if your process is as long as your "slow bulk" then this is going to be the longest slow bulk in the history of bulking...

Some people have different definitions of the word "slow"...and the word "bulk"...
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »
    I find it very hard myself to get enough calories in without adding some junk, so yes I usually do have at least some foods each day that aren't really "clean".

Why are you here? You aren't even bulking or never have.
    jbgolf52 wrote:
    You should be banned for wasting people's time in your thread.
    I was simply answering the question, not trying to bring the stuff from my own thread into this thread. I am in the process of beginning a slow bulk.

LOL

what does "in the process of beginning a slow bulk" even mean???????????

just start eating more and lifting more, process over

if your process is as long as your "slow bulk" then this is going to be the longest slow bulk in the history of bulking...

Some people have different definitions of the word "slow"...and the word "bulk"...

I think he should change his name to ..

SlowBulkProcess

or

TheForecastIsSlowForMyBulk
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    TheForcastStalled.