Tall Ladies 5'10 and up please

Replies

• Just started, I'm 5'10, currently 148. Lowest was 135, I was really fit and felt the best ever. At 142 I start feeling that good,t.but I looked amazing at 135 so that's my ultimate goal. Not sure how to post a pic...
  • chubbybaconbear
    chubbybaconbear Posts: 1 Member
    I'm 5'10". My starting weight was 282. I'm currently at 235. My doctor recommended 200 as my ideal weight. Currently I'm a 12/L in casual wear, and anticipate getting down to an 8/Loose L or M by goal.

Once I get to my current goal, I'll reevaluate. However, I'm hoping to have kids within the next 1-2 years, so I realize that I will revisit at least some of the numbers I'm dropping again at some point.

I'm 5'10 and all my doctors have said my goal should be in the 150s. I personally feel that 200 is were I would like to be or 180. What was your calorie goal when u were in the 280s? I'm 290 and doing 1670 with an hour of Cardio but I feel my calories should be less. I also eat almost only vegetarian and most of my meals are raw veggie smoothies
  • acarmon55
    acarmon55 Posts: 135 Member
    I am 5'10.5" and my current weight is 160. I think 150 is where I would like to be. More than the scale, like others, I would like to be toned and fit. I am working for summer!
  • acarmon55
    acarmon55 Posts: 135 Member
    I am 5'10.5" and my current weight is 160. I think 150 is where I would like to be. More than the scale, like others, I would like to be toned and fit. I am working for summer!
  • tallgirlshelley
    tallgirlshelley Posts: 108 Member
    I'm six foot even. My highest weight was 272 - about 7 years ago. I have been down to 199 a couple times since then. Currently, I'm at 222. I feel fabulous at 199-205 and am shooting for that again. I know that's higher than the BMI charts recommend, but I feel great and feel like I look great at that weight. I don't see me realistically maintaining much below that.
  • aplcr0331
    aplcr0331 Posts: 186 Member
    Sorry to chime in but my wife is 5'10. She was up to almost 290lbs and is now down to 177lbs. I think she looks absolutely stunning but her goal is 165lbs. I really think on you ladies it depends on your body type and by your very nature of being taller than the average woman you can carry more weight and still look great. My wife says she feels good at this weight but still wants to drop another 10-15 lbs cause she has a little tummy pooch she wants to get rid of and some extra in the butt (that I love, and *secret* most guys love).

What really helped my wife was finally realizing, accepting, and loving the fact that she was tall. She spent her childhood berating herself for being big(ger). She did not embrace being taller and missed out on really honing her athletic body. I think that is her biggest regret was not participating in more activities of the sporting and athletic nature.

Anyway as a guy who loves his taller wife (been with her for 20 years) try to embrace your inherent athletic advantages. Move more and see how great it is to be tall and have that extra strength that you have.

Good luck!
  • Daytonsmommy
    Daytonsmommy Posts: 162 Member
    I'm 5'11 and I'm between 155 and 160 right now. My goal weight is 145 but it is honestly hard for me to maintain that. When I hit 150 I usually start to feel more comfortable.
  • nellneary
    nellneary Posts: 8 Member
    I'm 5'10. Was always in the 130's through high school but had too much fun in college, CW is 173, GW is somewhere in the 140's. I started losing confidence once I hit 160.
  • 5'10" here. Pretty large frame (size 12 shoe - torture :smile: )Currently 206, I was up to 227 after having my son last February. My ultimate goal weight is 160, I look rather scrawny under that. I would be really happy at anything under 180 though. Right now I feel very heavy and awkward, "big" rather than "tall". Would love to change that.
  • dswolverine
    dswolverine Posts: 246 Member
    I'm 5'10" and right now am hovering around 158 or so. I got down to 147 and was told i was getting "too thin" (i disagreed). My "happy weight" is around 155 because i think at that weight i can still fit into size 8s, but i don't have to kill myself to maintain.
  • I'm 5"11 just finished losing 33 pounds, but need to lose more. My lowest weight was 180 and i was very happy with it, but havent seen that weight for many, many years. I am shooting for 190-200. My heaviest was 289. I am large boned, and think that 190 is probably the lowest i should go, and still stay healthy
  • CariJean64
    CariJean64 Posts: 297 Member
    I'm 5'10" and got up to 330. I'm at around 245 now. I have a goal of 150, but I think anything under 170 should feel good. It's been decades, though, so it's hard to remember! I'll find out when I get there.
  • sweetkimrn
    sweetkimrn Posts: 44 Member
    I am 6 foot tall and I currently weigh 215. My goal is 175. That is where I look best. I weighed 145 in high school and looked too skinny. Tall ladies we have such an advantage - we can carry more weight than shorter women without looking too big. I used to dislike my height when I was younger but now I embrace it! I love it! It's a blessing!
  • fitgirlandfoodie
    fitgirlandfoodie Posts: 1,014 Member
    5'10.5" here and currently 143lbs. Started on here at 166lbs. Looking to lose about another 5lbs which will bring me to where I feel most comfortable with my body. Profile pic was taken on NYE, as you can see smallish waist but hips is really where I need to work on. In no rush to lose the last 5, I want it to stay off permanently, so slow and steady.
    Like others said, hated my height up until maybe 4 years ago, always comparing myself to my much smaller friends..funny how that changes as you get older
  • mangrothian
    mangrothian Posts: 1,351 Member
    I'm 6'1-and-a-bit, and I'm pretty sturdy framed (massive shoulders, hands, feet), and I wouldn't go below 175, and would probably be comfortable around the 185-190 mark.
  • dammitjanet0161
    dammitjanet0161 Posts: 319 Member
    aplcr0331 wrote: »
    Sorry to chime in but my wife is 5'10. She was up to almost 290lbs and is now down to 177lbs. I think she looks absolutely stunning but her goal is 165lbs. I really think on you ladies it depends on your body type and by your very nature of being taller than the average woman you can carry more weight and still look great. My wife says she feels good at this weight but still wants to drop another 10-15 lbs cause she has a little tummy pooch she wants to get rid of and some extra in the butt (that I love, and *secret* most guys love).

What really helped my wife was finally realizing, accepting, and loving the fact that she was tall. She spent her childhood berating herself for being big(ger). She did not embrace being taller and missed out on really honing her athletic body. I think that is her biggest regret was not participating in more activities of the sporting and athletic nature.

Anyway as a guy who loves his taller wife (been with her for 20 years) try to embrace your inherent athletic advantages. Move more and see how great it is to be tall and have that extra strength that you have.

Good luck!

Love your reply and agree with joleenee too.

I'm 5'10 and don't really have a concrete goal weight because for years I never weighed myself (not through denial in the start, but it was in the end as although I could still get into all my clothes, there was a good chunk of my wardrobe that I had stopped wearing because I looked like a sausage squeezed into it :) ). Goal is for me to fit into a particular pair of trousers, then I'll know I'm back where I was 5 years ago, though I don't know exactly what weight that was.

Started on MFP at 196 in March, now around 177. I *think* I still have about 10-15lbs to go, but not exacty sure. I feel pretty good now though.
  • Jctill
    Jctill Posts: 5 Member
    edited January 2015
    I'm 5'10 and weigh 150 now. My goal is 140. Up until I got married six months ago, I had always weighed 140. Then went up to 160- way too much going out to eat! Although 140 may not be for everyone, that's where I'm most comfortable.
  • kimberlyhurt
    kimberlyhurt Posts: 128 Member
    I'm 5'10.5 My goal weight is 180 (one anything really lol). My highest was 315 and my current is 247. Still a long way left to go. I'm sort of a weird frame, giant feet (12's) and hands, wide hips and shoulders, but tiny tiny wrists. I can easily wrap my middle finger and thumb around them up to the knuckle. I've always been heavy so I have no idea what I look like under all this junk. I guess I'll find out soon enough :)
  • brain328
    brain328 Posts: 74 Member
    What is your current weight? What is your goal weight? At what weight do you start to feel happy with your body? Do you have any photos to share at different weights?

I am5'11 and currently 195 - trying to decide on a good goal, thinking 155. I know I start to feel more confident around 170

I'm 6'0" tall with a wide bone structure! Hips, shoulders, I could be a line backer ;) That's why I stopped looking at the numbers like the only option. Even after I lost 100 lbs that stupid BMI still says I'm "obese". My goal is to feel good about my body and lower my body fat %, that's all I care about these days. Being tall throws a lot of calculations off the charts for girls, so I quit using them!
  • oceangirl37
    oceangirl37 Posts: 37 Member
    edited January 2015
    I'm 5"10. I started out at 205 lbs. I'm currently between 162-167 lbs. (I keep losing and gaining the same 5 lbs) When I first started losing my goal was 175 lbs, then I got to 175 lbs (profile pic) and lowered it to 170. Then I got to 170 lbs, and lowered to 165 lbs. Now the goal is between 150-155 lbs. For me, I had to see myself at the weight and what I could do fitness wise at that weight and decide if I wanted to go lower or not. I was weak and slow at 205 lbs. At 175, I was stronger but slow in hiking and biking. At 170 lbs, I could bike and hike around japan in 95 degree temps and humidity. And now I can do the tougher boot camp classes at my gym. I plan to be pretty fierce at 155 lbs.