What is YOUR "go-to meal"?

Options

Replies

• MrsMKB
    MrsMKB Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    For craving satisfaction - taco salad with lean ground beef - had it last night actually - about 430 calories for the whole meal.

Yes I also make a DELISH taco salad with extra lean ground turkey, SOOO good, soooo healthy and makes me feel like I'm eating junk food :)
  • amw1919
    amw1919 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    ashNoak wrote: »
    amw1919 wrote: »
    Homemade turkey burgers, salsa chicken, or skinny chicken parmesan!
    Yummmm!!! I forgot about DELISH turkey burgers! But this canadian girl will probably wait til spring for more of those, 'cause I love em on the bbq and am not bbqing in the snow! Lol

I'm in Minnesota (or Minnesnowta) so I can relate! But I don't mind them on the grill pan sometimes. I make large batches and freeze them for easy week night meals :smiley:
  • MrsMKB
    Options
    ashNoak wrote: »
    Homemade turkey burgers, salsa chicken, or skinny chicken parmesan!
    Yummmm!!! I forgot about DELISH turkey burgers! But this canadian girl will probably wait til spring for more of those, 'cause I love em on the bbq and am not bbqing in the snow! Lol

I'm in Minnesota (or Minnesnowta) so I can relate! But I don't mind them on the grill pan sometimes. I make large batches and freeze them for easy week night meals :smiley:

Good call on pre making them! I'm trying to get in the habit of this :)
  • amcook4
    amcook4 Posts: 561 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Baked chicken fajitas. Lean meat, veggies, salsa, tortillas and a bit of cheese. Delicious, (if I don't eat too many tortillas) healthy, easy.

Or beef/turkey chili. Very easy to pack with vegetables, freezes well, packed with protein and always tasty.
  • xMrBunglex
    xMrBunglex Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    Bob Harper's Spaghetti Squash Pad Thai (out of Skinny Meals.)

holy crap is it good
  • Roxiegirl2008
    Roxiegirl2008 Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    Ground turkey tacos. I use lettuce in place of the shells.
  • avskk
    avskk Posts: 1,789 Member
    Options
    I always come back to some kind of stir-fry. It's easy, it hits my target macros perfectly, I can flavor it a million different ways, and it's usually cheap.
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options
    Chicken tacos/fajitas/quesadillas
  • MrsMKB
    Options
    avskk wrote: »
    I always come back to some kind of stir-fry. It's easy, it hits my target macros perfectly, I can flavor it a million different ways, and it's usually cheap.
    Stir fry are a favourite of mine also! Making one for dinner tonight! :)
  • FenTiger89
    FenTiger89 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    2 egg omelette with asparagus, portabella mushrooms, and a little shredded Swiss cheese.
  • STurbs33
    STurbs33 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I have a few.

Tuna with avocado and salsa or Thai sauce
    Omelette with bacon and cheese
    Oatmeal with cheese, bacon, and an over easy egg
    Oatmeal/Greek yogurt with protein powder, fruit, cinnamon (sometimes I add some peanut butter)

If I'm in a pinch or out of ideas, any one of these will satisfy me for breakfast or lunch.
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options
    Half a bag of Dole's BBQ Ranch chopped salad with added diced bell peppers, jalapenos, green onions, and tomatoes, with a serving of veggie ground round thrown on top.

I actually think I eat that at least twice a week.

I also like roasted peppers with goat cheese, fresh basil, and shredded chicken on them.
  • MrsMKB
    Options
    FenTiger89 wrote: »
    2 egg omelette with asparagus, portabella mushrooms, and a little shredded Swiss cheese.
    Yummmm omelettes are a huge part of my life-- healthy eating or not!
  • farberry
    farberry Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    My go-to dinner is any and all veg in my fridge roasted, or made into ratatouille with a can of chopped tomatoes. Sometimes I'll chuck some kidney beans in for protein. If I'm especially hungry I serve with roasted/mashed/baked starchy veg like sweet potato, butternut squash, or cauliflower. Normally have the most enormous plate of food for under 300 cals
  • MsJulesRenee
    MsJulesRenee Posts: 1,180 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Breakfast tacos with corn tortillas, egg whites, cheese, and veggies. Hits the cheesy, salty, warm meal after those long work days, plus it only takes about 10 minutes to make.
    FenTiger89 wrote: »

That sounds so good!
  • ohmynicoley
    ohmynicoley Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    My go-to meal is brown rice, blanched spinach, and grilled chicken with greek seasoning.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    A Morningstar Farms spicy black bean burger topped with shredded sharp cheddar and an over easy egg. Salsa on the side. I love me a runny egg yolk.
    Love the chipotle one.
  • IILikeToMoveItMoveIt
    IILikeToMoveItMoveIt Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    What I tend to make the most of, homemade chicken soup or steak...
  • ptargino
    ptargino Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    51785a1993367IMG_9359.jpg

This is brazilian cuscuz (is made of corn flakes, not wheat like in Morocco). I usually eat with half a spoon of light butter, a scrambled egg and coffee w/ skimmed milk. It's around 350 calories total and I love it. It's basically the one food I never get tired of, and I eat it since I was a child. Just perfect :smiley:
  • berfy
    berfy Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Homemade naan and falafel with tzatziki sauce. Two wraps are only 700 calories and taste so decadent!