helllo :) mommy of 2 ready to lose extra weight

Options
jcortez0912
jcortez0912 Posts: 7
edited January 2015 in Introduce Yourself
hello im new to this would love to get some motivation since i tend to give up easily my goal is to lose 30 pounds and b a healthy mom to my 2 girls :)

Replies

• ljohnson216
    ljohnson216 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Hi. I am new too (1 week in) and am looking to lose 30 pounds as well. Like you I want to be a healthy parent to my 2 kids too.
  • jcortez0912
    Options
    awesome
  • skinnyminime5
    skinnyminime5 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Parent here of 2 also...dinner time is sometimes a struggle to please everyone and eat healthy
  • jcortez0912
    Options
    exactly i always end up eating what my kids eat
  • hkirk06
    Options
    Parent of four children and also 1 grandson/1 granddaughter...It is hard but you can do it..at one point I lost 85 lbs while raising my children...now as a grandmother I want to get back down 50lbs(that has been put back on) to really enjoy them. At age 45 I want to have more energy than all of them. You will have bad day's, but don't give up :)
  • WellyWelly
    WellyWelly Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Kids snacks are so tempting. Also its hard to find time to go to gym with two little ones or i always feel guilty when i do.
  • dougl004
    dougl004 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me........I to am trying to lose about 30 lbs. I stay busy with my 2 years old and haven't been eating right. I'm ready to get back on track
  • brupert1
    Options
    I'm currently going back to school, and I live off "on-the-go" food. My main focus is on being healthier and toning up, but I love having a fitness community. Please add me if you think I could help motivate you. :)
  • tcscholz554
    tcscholz554 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I'm a mommy of 2 and hoping to lose 40 lbs
  • oncem0re
    oncem0re Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I'm also a mommy of 2 and I completely understand having a hard time cooking specially eating with the kiddos who always want some fried anything, or pasta and meatballs all the good stuff while you are on a diet...but really it doesn't have to be a diet for us. I found some ways to stick to my plan and have my kids enjoy their food too. For example pasta, we LOVE our spaghetti /pasta Friday night, so I now cook 97% lean beef and mix it with ground turkey, with the healthy heart pasta sauce and veggies, 1 cup is only about 250 calories, put it in your whole wheat spaghetti and you have a healthy dinner for you and your family! I love chicken, and I bake mine with just Mrs. Dash and lemon, pepper and paprika and separately for my children I make the same with some salt. They can add their favorite dressing with it like BBQ sauce or Honey Mustard and I'll have my plain piece. I have brown rice and sweet potatoes for me if my kids are having mashed potatoes and fried rice. Although the more I cook my food, the more they are starting to like what I have, so it's better as I corporate healthier choices for them.

We just need to plan ahead and keep yourself accountable and focus. You'll see the results, it may take awhile but you'll get there. Slow and steady wins the race! Determination and Self-Control are you two best friends ! Good luck to us! Add me and we can share some yummy recipes! ;)
  • ljohnson216
    Options
    Parent here of 2 also...dinner time is sometimes a struggle to please everyone and eat healthy

I couldn't agree more. I sadly became that parent that served chicken nuggets for dinner... And then became that parent that ate them.
  • ljohnson216
    Options
    WellyWelly wrote: »
    Kids snacks are so tempting. Also its hard to find time to go to gym with two little ones or i always feel guilty when i do.

Right there with you.