Question for six packs ladies

Options
mom3over40
mom3over40 Posts: 253 Member
Please help me have a realistic expectation, for all those of you who posts pics with six packs:
Do you need to flex to get that look? Or, do they look like that when relaxed too? If you need to flex, do they still look pretty flat when relaxed?

I kind of have a big tummy all my life. Even in my teenage normal-weight years, I need to hold my breath to suck my tummy in to look good in certain clothing. So, I just wonder, if I continue to work at it, will they truly be flat without me holding my breath :)

Replies

• usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    Mine sort of show all the time because mine have a lot of volume. Even at higher body fat my top abs show. At a certain point when a person gets lean enough and their conditioning is great their muscles may show even when they aren't flexing, but that also depends a bit on how much volume their abs have. Whether you have the muscle volume in your abs or not, your stomach will be fairly flat (although I still get the Buddha belly feeling when sitting, but most people do).
  • mom3over40
    mom3over40 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Thanks! It does help to set my expectations (/goal) straight! Even though, I still need a lot of patience getting anywhere close to what you have achieved!
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    I don't have tons of pictures, but I have two examples from my first show of flexed versus not. I wasn't nearly lean enough at that one.
    Flexed:
    1c1074d8-e888-4135-9f8d-8fe10dbe0611_zpsf01d59ba.jpg
    Not flexed:
    28e4902d-7374-449a-b421-a1e157d5abe9_zpsbde13dcd.jpg
  • jts20130
    Options
    I'm trying to get my six pack game up as well... I know results don't happen over night but I'm so eager...
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!