High Calorie, High Protein Low Carb ideas?!

Options
Hi all, am using MFP to track my food intake and realise for my goals i dont eat quite enough Calories or Protein but seem to be eating too many Carbs any meal ideas if anyone is in the same boat?!

Lunch is a struggle as i normally take sandwiches or wraps, both high in carbs!

Any ideas would be great thanks!

Replies

• thesuperzman
    thesuperzman Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Geez..tons of ideas. Steak is a huge calorie 'eater' and protein booster..but low carbs. Chicken, turkey, etc. Eggs, bacon.....Protein shakes are a great source to supplement other sources...some have tons of calories. Also MET R-X MRB's.
  • foxxybrown
    foxxybrown Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    Eat what's on the inside of the sandwich or wrap and discard the bread and tortilla!
  • dragonbug300
    dragonbug300 Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    Make a salad with greens, nuts, meat, tomatoes, and any other vegetables you like. Just toss it in lemon juice and oregano and put it in some tupperware for lunch.
    Also, meat wraps: deli meat wrapped in lettuce leaves. I like to put a carrot in the center to give them more volume.
  • jvbrooks
    jvbrooks Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Salads, my friend. Caesar minus croutons, etc. You can toss some steak/fish in there too!
  • prezzacc
    prezzacc Posts: 8
    Options
    Hi all, thanks for the really quick replies! I like some ideas there and i love chicken n steak so thats somewhere to begin, ill just need to start preparing for the week!
    I like the idea of salads but i find if i have that i dont get that many calories, but i could chuck more meat in i guess!
    Thanks again
  • leamgood
    leamgood Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Google Linda's Low Carb recipes. She gives you all the nutritional information for each serving!