How do you log intercourse in your exercise diary?

Options
I mean, it has to count right? Is it just aerobics? Or is that too generous? I feel there should be an option in the database. Thoughts?

Replies

• queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    For real?
  • jnv7594
    jnv7594 Posts: 983 Member
    Options
    I don't log sex, but then I don't have sex either, so go figure, lol.
  • GreenGoddess22
    GreenGoddess22 Posts: 3,821 Member
    Options
    LMAO, I have no idea!
  • LovingLifeInCalifornia
    LovingLifeInCalifornia Posts: 9,362 Member
    Options
    I read on some other post where a person actually used their fitbit or something and then logged it in.
  • Khukhullatus
    Khukhullatus Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    It's not worth it. Start a timer next time you are having sex during the "aerobic" portion of the session. You aren't doing aerobic activity during your entire sexual encounter. Well, at least I'm not.

If you really are just pounding away with your heart rate in the training zone for an extended period of time though, you can always just figure the calories yourself and add them manually.
  • GreenGoddess22
    GreenGoddess22 Posts: 3,821 Member
    Options
    Have you ever really searched the database? They list mowing grass with a riding lawn mower as an exercise. I guess I really don't see the harm in adding sex to the list!
  • myfatass78
    myfatass78 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    A heart rate monitor would be more accurate I think.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    McBoffin wrote: »
    Oh come on! Everyone has looked on MFP's cardio exercises to try to log sex (and then thought of how their image would be effected by logging 2 minutes of cardio lol)

Doing it wrong! >:)

OP, I wouldn't log it. The calorie burn is not as high as you think (according to other threads on the same topic, I haven't actually done the research). Consider it a few extra calories burned to compensate for measuring inaccuracies in your logging.
  • Go_Mizzou99
    Go_Mizzou99 Posts: 2,628 Member
    Options
    Wear a HRM and report back. This is needed research.

May I also suggest watching the hot crazy matrix on YouTube before you start your research. It is dangerous out there. Here's the link:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hKWmFWRVLlU
  • Khukhullatus
    Options
    I think they address this on their FAQ if I remember right, and the answer they gave was "we're not adding it, quit asking" though they said it a little more tactfully ^_^
  • goin2cruise
    goin2cruise Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Consider it a bonus burn, you don't log it, but the endorphin release is just as good, or better, than exercise.. (hopefully) LOL
  • carrieous
    carrieous Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    no need. no boyfriend. cries
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    I read on some other post where a person actually used their fitbit or something and then logged it in.

I think he/she said it was between 60-100 calories haha
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Hopefully it's a common enough occurrence that it falls under your daily activity level.

Your BMR is the number of calories you would burn if you laid completely still 24 hrs per day. But you don't lie completely still 24 hours per day so MFP (and any other program you use) uses a multiple to estimate how many calories on top of your BMR you should burn based on your activity level. If you put in sedentary the multiple is 1.2. That assumes you're getting less than 5000 steps, and that you're doing basic things like showering and cooking dinner. And yes, having sex. The greater your activity level the more calories MFP assumes you're burning. I would not try to log sex separately because it's included in those calculations.
  • hmcbride68
    hmcbride68 Posts: 72 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I just type it in with my other hand
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    myfatass78 wrote: »
    A heart rate monitor would be more accurate I think.

No, because hormones will increase your heart rate even if you lie completely still.
  • Khukhullatus
    Options
    I actually did see something in men's health a long time ago, maybe ten years back, that correlated regular *kitten* in men with increased cardiovascular health. It was an observational study, not an interventional one though, so take it for what you like.
  • violasmith85
    violasmith85 Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    lol there is an option to log it over on LoseIt! They even keep it incognito so your friends don't see it. lol
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    Walking dog, 2.5 mph