Going over calories?

Options
whisperfitandhappy
whisperfitandhappy Posts: 101 Member
edited January 2015 in Health and Weight Loss
Hey everyone
Today I've been craving unhealthy foods ( sweets, carbs, greasy food) and so instead of not allowing myself to enjoy a treat day I let myself eat what I craved. ( a cheeseburger, and a candy bar)
I estimate I went over my daily maintenance calories by about 1000..

So my question is, should I eat less calories the next few days or just eat normally?

Replies

• ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,623 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    If you want to you can eat fewer cals over the week. Or you can just have a slower weight loss week.

Maybe you should consider eating the things you enjoy within your calories when you feel like eating them. I've lost 25+lbs eating sweets, carbs, and greasy food.
  • McBoffin
    McBoffin Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    One binge won't put you off course. Don't worry too much about it and return to normal tomorrow.

If you have to beat yourself up, do it physically in the gym and not mentally :-)
  • whisperfitandhappy
    Options
    McBoffin wrote: »
    One binge won't put you off course. Don't worry too much about it and return to normal tomorrow.

If you have to beat yourself up, do it physically in the gym and not mentally :-)

Thanks for the positive answer!
  • SuggaD
    SuggaD Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    Just return to normal. I have those days too and I just move on.
  • McBoffin
    McBoffin Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    McBoffin wrote: »

Thanks for the positive answer!

You're very welcome. Life's too short to not have the odd off day. Off days yes, off weeks, probably not.

• Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    I went over by 600 and something calories yesterday, and ironically the scales were down 1kg this morning!!! I'm just going to do my best to make up for it in the next couple if days...
  • mitch16
    mitch16 Posts: 2,113 Member
    Options
    Move on, and try not to make it a habit.
  • whisperfitandhappy
    Options
    I went over by 600 and something calories yesterday, and ironically the scales were down 1kg this morning!!! I'm just going to do my best to make up for it in the next couple if days...

maybe just eat less tomorrow and work out a little extra (:
    I plan on eating less and working out more tomorrow.
  • LAWoman72
    LAWoman72 Posts: 2,846 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    When I do this, I just pick up the next day eating normally. I find if I try to eat less to make up for it, I feel deprived and the cycle starts all over again.

However, it is pretty rare for me. If it were happening often, I would probably crack down, but more likely, I'd try to figure out why I kept feeling the need to overeat, and hopefully address that instead so it wouldn't happen in the first place.

But just one day, once in a very blue moon? You should be fine.
  • LAWoman72
    LAWoman72 Posts: 2,846 Member
    Options
    Also, if you're "craving" a treat, why not have that treat next time and just make sure your calories allow for it? You can have treats and still lose weight. :)