How do you log intercourse in your exercise diary?

Options

Replies

• tomsarno
    tomsarno Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I read on some other post where a person actually used their fitbit or something and then logged it in.
    If you use a fitbit you must have it on the right hand. But i don't know if it would work with two person sex

• RebelDiamond
    RebelDiamond Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Incidental exercise, ie, movement not for the purpose of burning calories. If you're having sex ONLY to burn calories then log it. And if that's the case then there are some issues you may need to address with your partner.
  • LovingLifeInCalifornia
    LovingLifeInCalifornia Posts: 9,362 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    I read on some other post where a person actually used their fitbit or something and then logged it in.

I think he/she said it was between 60-100 calories haha

Wow. That's not a lot of cardio if it's that small of a calorie burn.
    tomsarno wrote: »
    If you use a fitbit you must have it on the right hand. But i don't know if it would work with two person sex

I think on that post, there was some discussion about it - whether she should move it to the other hand or something. I don't know. HAHA.
  • rnavarro2003
    rnavarro2003 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    hmcbride68 wrote: »
    I just type it in with my other hand

That was funny...

• myfatass78
    myfatass78 Posts: 411 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    A heart rate monitor will measure whatever calories are burnt no matter what hormones are there.
  • Mr_Bad_Example
    Mr_Bad_Example Posts: 2,403 Member
    Options
    EmGsea wrote: »
    I mean, it has to count right? Is it just aerobics? Or is that too generous? I feel there should be an option in the database. Thoughts?

69 calories. Unless you swallow.
  • myfatass78
    myfatass78 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Yes if you swallow I think it is about 70 calories per tablespoon and full of Zinc.
  • JessicaBlackman
    JessicaBlackman Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'd count it as 'incidental movement'. It's not worth logging. Just consider it a bonus :)
  • Ja_ja_jakeya
    Ja_ja_jakeya Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I think logging sex as exercise is a bit lazy.If that's the best you can do in the way of exercise, then you're not trying very hard! Think of it like logging an apple martini as a serving of fruit ;) you can't give yourself credit for every little thing that raises your heart rate.
  • mitch16
    mitch16 Posts: 2,113 Member
    Options
    If you were having sex when you became overweight, you probably aren't going to get thin just by having sex, either.
  • DanIsACyclingFool
    DanIsACyclingFool Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    In my experience I burn more trying to convince her to do it (it goes without saying I used to be married).
  • saddare
    saddare Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I call it "Ahem..." under cardiovasuclar. ;-)
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    I think logging sex as exercise is a bit lazy.If that's the best you can do in the way of exercise, then you're not trying very hard! Think of it like logging an apple martini as a serving of fruit ;) you can't give yourself credit for every little thing that raises your heart rate.

LOL! (*)
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    dbroerse wrote: »
    In my experience I burn more trying to convince her to do it (it goes without saying I used to be married).

I have heard this before....
  • BlueButterfly94
    BlueButterfly94 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Incidental exercise, ie, movement not for the purpose of burning calories. If you're having sex ONLY to burn calories then log it. And if that's the case then there are some issues you may need to address with your partner.

I have to agree there... xD
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    I don't get it.
  • myfelinepal
    myfelinepal Posts: 13,000 Member
    Options
    I only usually last 20 seconds, so I figure I don't burn that many calories.
  • SueLee80
    SueLee80 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I use map my ride and in it's database it lists 'intimacy' and it syncs with my fitness pal :wink:
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    It depends, are you on the bottom or top? If you're on the bottom then meh.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    SueLee80 wrote: »
    I use map my ride and in it's database it lists 'intimacy' and it syncs with my fitness pal :wink:

Wait what Really???

*goes to check*

OMG, IT DOES! :laugh: