do americans, truly understand the british sense of humour

Options

Replies

• walkonfire5
    walkonfire5 Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    Wow now that is what i call amazing. Look at her cheek. Thats a true work of art. Thats not you is it? In the pic
  • Oi_Sunshine
    Oi_Sunshine Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    Canadian weighing in. I love pretty much any British tv shows or movies I've seen, and always have. Except Coronation Street. CS can go hang.
  • walkonfire5
    Options
    Canadian weighing in. I love pretty much any British tv shows or movies I've seen, and always have. Except Coronation Street. CS can go hang.

eastenders Is so much worse hehe. And australian neighbours. i dont know one single canadian tv show
  • anadoesit
    anadoesit Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Mrs. Brown's Boys is Irish. :)

Just saying'....no I don't think the Yanks get the fact in Ireland, if someone likes you they slag you. If they are polite and nice to you, they don't think you have a good sense of humour or can take a joke.

I don't believe there is the concept of 'banter' in America like here and UK. For example, when I was slagging American friends they keep saying, "Why are you being so mean to me?"

I recommend: UK: The Inbetweeners, Outnumbered, The IT Crowd
    Irish: Father Ted, Love/Hate (crime but funny too), Dylan Moran (stand up, was in Run Fat Boy), Black Books (UK/Irish)
  • walkonfire5
    Options
    anadoesit wrote: »
    Mrs. Brown's Boys is Irish. :)

Just saying'....no I don't think the Yanks get the fact in Ireland, if someone likes you they slag you. If they are polite and nice to you, they don't think you have a good sense of humour or can take a joke.

I don't believe there is the concept of 'banter' in America like here and UK. For example, when I was slagging American friends they keep saying, "Why are you being so mean to me?"

I recommend: UK: The Inbetweeners, Outnumbered, The IT Crowd
    Irish: Father Ted, Love/Hate (crime but funny too), Dylan Moran (stand up, was in Run Fat Boy), Black Books (UK/Irish)

Paid and filmed in the uk by the british broadcasting corporation
  • walkonfire5
    Options
    Lol that makes it British lol we get to steal all the hard work of the irish sorry. If it benefits Us its ours lol
  • anadoesit
    Options
    Ok, so all the characters and humour and are Irish but the cash is British. Ok by me!

Now, don't go trying to claim Father Ted or there will be fisticuffs.
  • walkonfire5
    Options
    That was paid for by the uk channel 4. So again totally British lol
  • anadoesit
    Options
    being-british-is-about-driving-a-german-car.jpg
  • cdh2015
    cdh2015 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    As much as Doctor Who can give me ;)

tumblr_lg7vqbWPUn1qd5ljyo1_500.gif
    tumblr_mebxjdYQn31qg1mbqo2_r2_250.gif
  • walkonfire5
    Options
    That is so true, britain is a melting pot of multicultural. lol but it still doesnt elude the fact that father ted is still british. Alright well at least fish and chips is british with a good english breakfast hehe. And now our disgusting tasting cadbury chocolate
  • anadoesit
    Options
    You made me do it.

tumblr_m0j4owNddB1rqbypmo1_500.gif
  • walkonfire5
    Options
    Lol aww, if the irish are jealous . you can always ditch home rule lol
  • walkonfire5
    Options
    Oh and the car and tv are british invention So there still british made in japan or not lol lol
  • walkonfire5
    Options
    Damn thats all comedy gold hehe
  • anadoesit
    Options
    Ummmm...I'm from The Republic of Ireland...not Northern Ireland. Ye don't 'own' us anymore. Sheesh.

32 counties in Ireland. Ye only still control 6 of them. The other 26 have their independence nearly 100 years!
  • walkonfire5
    Options
    Lol i know you was from there. And thats why i said ditch home rule. You had home rule before independence. come on i know you want to ditch. Independence and come back to your overlords. We have guinness mrs browns boys.. Coome come fellow irish man stand in the streets of dublin and shout out for the your return of your English overlords. Lol lol
  • anadoesit
    Options
    Oh dear.3664324_o.gif