11 months after my gastric bypass. Pics.

Options
13»

Replies

• AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    You look great! Congratulations on working your program! I'm 6 months out and 100 lbs down myself and feeling better than I have in a lot of years! Keep up the good work!
  • etremoi53
    etremoi53 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your monumental achievement so far. You look beautiful and happy. Best of luck for the future.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    I am 18 months out from my by-pass. I am down a 136 lbs. This site is amazing! I joined 371 days ago. It helps keep me motivated to work out daily and to be accountable for my food intake!

You may of heard you could gain some weight back, ( I am so sick of hearing it) I know several people that are 3-10 years out and they have no put any weight back on. It's up too you and what you want to achieve. I decided I owe it to myself to give it a 110% or I wasn't being fair to myself. I am so glad I have this attitude!!

You look great and you are beaming with confidence!!! Keep up the great dedication!

I am still losing but it is at a very slow rate maybe a 1 lb to 1 1/2 lbs a month now. I am not really pushing hard to lose more weight. I am focused on toning and muscle mass.

Add me as a friend if you'd like!
    Working in a Wellness Center that has a weight loss surgery clinic as part it, I have seen people who have had the surgery and gain weight back. Like any approach, there will be people who succeed at it and others who fail. Those who fail attacked the symptom and not the problem. The problem was their relationship with food and overconsumption. So people didn't address the food addiction issue regain.

A.C.E. Certified Personal & Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
    Yes, true for any approach. Always a good reminder: we must develop new, healthier habits.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    OP you look great!
  • Cherese1983
    Cherese1983 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    You look amazing!!! Keep it up!
  • SexyHealthyFit175
    SexyHealthyFit175 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    You look wonderful!
  • TEZofAllTrades
    TEZofAllTrades Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    WOW what a difference well done x
    i get mine done in 13 days time :) on pre-op diet now :drinker: (and thats milk by the way)lol

I remember the two week liquid diet I had to do. When I started it I was 280. Day of my surgery I was down to 259. I count my weight loss from the day of my surgery. I weigh 164 now. I have absolutely no regrets at all. I feel better, and you will too. If you have any questions you can always email me. Add me if you want :-)

21lbs in 2 weeks is great! Even if was because of a liquid diet, it shows your body was able to lose weight.

So I'm wondering what your reasons were for the surgery? Were you simply looking to lose weight quickly or was it another health issue?
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!