New Mom, New Body, New Friends?

Options
New Mom Here!

Hi I'm Katy, I just had my baby girl Amelia August 20th 2014. I am ready to shed 40 pounds of baby weight by my 25th birthday which is May 30th. I am breastfeeding and have used that as an excuse to eat whatever I want, not anymore! Bye bye soda, chips, candy, doughnuts! Hello water and healthier dinner options! I would love some motivation along the way and would gladly help you too! I took my 'before' photos today and could already use some happy words :) please add me!

Replies

• jentroconis77
    jentroconis77 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi Katy, keep the positive attitude. My little man was born May 12/14 and is now 8 months. I did nothing but BF and walk and have shed my 60 lbs of pregnancy weight. It will take time to lose the weight as it did to put it on, so keep with it and don't get down on yourself. I am still BF my son now though he has started on solids.

I am doing a lot of green smoothie's as I found it hard to get all my greens into my diet anytime, no excuse needed, I just like fruit a lot more.

have an awesome day !
  • lil_lawyer3
    lil_lawyer3 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    HI! I had a daughter on August 29th 2014. I know exactly how you feel. I'm also trying to loose the baby weight. keep positive and determined. feel free to add me I think we can motivate or at least relate to eachother. the biggest thing I find hard is time to exercise ad cook.
  • Grumpy_Marmot
    Options
    Gratz on the newborn! My wife and I have two little boys, with the amount of walks we went on... I purchased a Kelty Backpack made to carry both of them on my back for longer hikes in the woods. I digress, no worries - you will burn it all off, just be patient!
  • jgolden3
    jgolden3 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Add me ladies! I had my baby in September and am in the same boat.;)
  • ksquared0710
    ksquared0710 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I'd love to be added by other mommas! Just had my li'l guy on 11/24. Put on 50 pounds - turns out much of it was from my swelling so I've still got 21 to go. Struggling to find time and motivation these days!