Down 125lbs! If I can do it, you CAN DO IT! Thanks myfitnesspal!!

Options

Replies

• k4tie82
    k4tie82 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Thank-you! :)
  • Cherese1983
    Cherese1983 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Oh my wow!!! You look awesome!! Great job!!!
  • k4tie82
    Options
    @Cherese1983‌ thank you so much!!
  • ohaston
    ohaston Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    SIMPLY AMAZING ... THANKS FOR SHARING
  • Angurla
    Angurla Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    You look fabulous!
  • telam1115
    telam1115 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Wow! You look amazing!
  • k4tie82
    Options
    Thank you!! :)
  • nicole779
    Options
    k4tie82 wrote: »
    I’ve decided to share my weight loss story in hopes that it will help someone who is struggling with their weight and trying to live a healthier lifestyle.

In the last 3 ½ years I have lost 125 lbs. Before starting my journey I was 270 pounds, almost type 2 diabetic, and I was morbidly obese. I was depressed and miserable in my own skin, self-soothing with food and candy. My weight and lifestyle were slowly killing me. I wanted to be healthy, I wanted to be happy again, and I wanted to be the wife and mother my family deserved. Those things combined gave me the final push I needed to change my lifestyle.

I didn’t follow a specific program or go through weight loss surgery. I swapped all my sugar loaded drinks for water, started tracking my food using myfitnesspal, and added exercise into my daily routine. I wanted to change my lifestyle so this would become a permanent way of life. I started with small, achievable goals so I didn’t get overwhelmed with how much weight I still had to lose. I have had amazing success with myfitnesspal! I love that you can share your diary with friends, encourage one another to make healthy choices, and it’s not a specific diet plan! If you choose you can look at all your nutritional value for the day, which has been extremely helpful for me.
    I joined a local gym and I discovered a whole new passion for fitness. I reached out and found other ladies to work out with at the gym. We encourage each other, hold each other accountable, and have fun! When one of us struggles, we help each other. I started personal training and improved my strength, lost more weight, and melted away body fat. Myfitnesspal has helped me track my protein so I could build muscle, as well as my fiber so I can keep things moving ;) I have been able to accomplish things I never thought possible, and I have learned to believe in myself! Please know that weight loss is a journey and it takes time. If I can do this, you can do this! I finally have my life back and I feel great! Thank you myfitnesspal for being part of my journey!
    xmwtn3rwiv0i.jpg

• Sunshine1337
    Sunshine1337 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Thank you for taking the time to share. We all need constant motivation & I use these success stories when times get tough. I'm a believer with 120 to lose.
  • flamenco_dancer
    Options
    That is a wonderful achievement - well done you!
    - It's official - you are in my top 10 MFP inspiring role models. Go you!
  • Boffykins
    Boffykins Posts: 24 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I am still looking like 'former you' at the moment...but although I won't look like after it was great to see you.

Looking again...I think I am larger than you..so I would like to be former too!
  • meryl135
    meryl135 Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    you look fantastic! thanks for sharing :smiley:
  • cdemama2014
    cdemama2014 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Amazing transformation! Thanks for sharing your story:).
  • k4tie82
    Options
    @Sunshine1337 and @Boffykins‌ - You ladies CAN do this! :) Let me know if I can help... I'm happy to answer questions for you or try and guide you along the way! :)
  • Nalgh94
    Nalgh94 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    That is an unbelievable transformation! Very inspiring :)
  • Jerrypeoples
    Jerrypeoples Posts: 1,541 Member
    Options
    great job
  • brightsideofpink
    brightsideofpink Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    I am so inspired by your strength, inside and out. Thank you for sharing both!
  • bignat716
    bignat716 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    AWESOME. You look GREAT and thanks for the encouragement.
  • SandyCoils
    SandyCoils Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    WOW, what an awesome story and transformation. So inspirational. I'm so happy for you and for your family.
  • lorrjoe
    lorrjoe Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Awesome story! You look amazing!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!