Down 125lbs! If I can do it, you CAN DO IT! Thanks myfitnesspal!!

Options

Replies

• spagliarani
    spagliarani Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for sharing! Can't wait to feel that good in my own skin
  • arsherma
    arsherma Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Wow...You are an amazing person and your story is veeeerrrry inspirational!!
  • mizpoke
    mizpoke Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Looking fab! Congrats on your success :smile:
  • RRBww
    RRBww Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Congrats and thank you for the inspiration!
  • k4tie82
    k4tie82 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    You're welcome :) Thank you for giving me the opportunity to share my story with you all! :)
  • awsenior
    Options
    k4tie82 wrote: »
    I’ve decided to share my weight loss story in hopes that it will help someone who is struggling with their weight and trying to live a healthier lifestyle.

In the last 3 ½ years I have lost 125 lbs. Before starting my journey I was 270 pounds, almost type 2 diabetic, and I was morbidly obese. I was depressed and miserable in my own skin, self-soothing with food and candy. My weight and lifestyle were slowly killing me. I wanted to be healthy, I wanted to be happy again, and I wanted to be the wife and mother my family deserved. Those things combined gave me the final push I needed to change my lifestyle.

I didn’t follow a specific program or go through weight loss surgery. I swapped all my sugar loaded drinks for water, started tracking my food using myfitnesspal, and added exercise into my daily routine. I wanted to change my lifestyle so this would become a permanent way of life. I started with small, achievable goals so I didn’t get overwhelmed with how much weight I still had to lose. I have had amazing success with myfitnesspal! I love that you can share your diary with friends, encourage one another to make healthy choices, and it’s not a specific diet plan! If you choose you can look at all your nutritional value for the day, which has been extremely helpful for me.
    I joined a local gym and I discovered a whole new passion for fitness. I reached out and found other ladies to work out with at the gym. We encourage each other, hold each other accountable, and have fun! When one of us struggles, we help each other. I started personal training and improved my strength, lost more weight, and melted away body fat. Myfitnesspal has helped me track my protein so I could build muscle, as well as my fiber so I can keep things moving ;) I have been able to accomplish things I never thought possible, and I have learned to believe in myself! Please know that weight loss is a journey and it takes time. If I can do this, you can do this! I finally have my life back and I feel great! Thank you myfitnesspal for being part of my journey!
    xmwtn3rwiv0i.jpg
    You look Great keep up the hard work & Thanks for sharing your journey!!
  • k4tie82
    Options
    Thank-you!! :)
  • jlmed
    jlmed Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    AMAZING!!!!
  • baldheadgirlsrock
    baldheadgirlsrock Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Honey I love this story and look so amazing❤️ GOD BLESS YOU
  • k4tie82
    Options
    Thank you so much! Myfitnesspal is such a supportive environment, you have all touched my heart with your kind words... :)
  • Kerriann1083
    Kerriann1083 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I’ve decided to share my weight loss story in hopes that it will help someone who is struggling with their weight and trying to live a healthier lifestyle.

In the last 3 ½ years I have lost 125 lbs. Before starting my journey I was 270 pounds, almost type 2 diabetic, and I was morbidly obese. I was depressed and miserable in my own skin, self-soothing with food and candy. My weight and lifestyle were slowly killing me. I wanted to be healthy, I wanted to be happy again, and I wanted to be the wife and mother my family deserved. Those things combined gave me the final push I needed to change my lifestyle.

I didn’t follow a specific program or go through weight loss surgery. I swapped all my sugar loaded drinks for water, started tracking my food using myfitnesspal, and added exercise into my daily routine. I wanted to change my lifestyle so this would become a permanent way of life. I started with small, achievable goals so I didn’t get overwhelmed with how much weight I still had to lose. I have had amazing success with myfitnesspal! I love that you can share your diary with friends, encourage one another to make healthy choices, and it’s not a specific diet plan! If you choose you can look at all your nutritional value for the day, which has been extremely helpful for me.
    I joined a local gym and I discovered a whole new passion for fitness. I reached out and found other ladies to work out with at the gym. We encourage each other, hold each other accountable, and have fun! When one of us struggles, we help each other. I started personal training and improved my strength, lost more weight, and melted away body fat. Myfitnesspal has helped me track my protein so I could build muscle, as well as my fiber so I can keep things moving ;) I have been able to accomplish things I never thought possible, and I have learned to believe in myself! Please know that weight loss is a journey and it takes time. If I can do this, you can do this! I finally have my life back and I feel great! Thank you myfitnesspal for being part of my journey!
    xmwtn3rwiv0i.jpg

• Kerriann1083
    Kerriann1083 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Wow!!! That's so awesome!!
  • fruity2
    fruity2 Posts: 66 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Truly inspirational! I loved how you wrote that 'you believed in you' - < this! (touched me the most). Sometimes we look to others to believe in us, if only we would believe in ourselves. Thanks for sharing.
  • psych101
    psych101 Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    Incredible!!
  • bgoddess2003
    bgoddess2003 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your story, you look great. It's nice to know that it can be done. I am really enjoying all the people on mfp, it's very encouraging here.
  • k4tie82
    Options
    Thank you :) and thanks for letting me share!
  • alankie
    alankie Posts: 19
    Options

xmwtn3rwiv0i.jpg

• alankie
    alankie Posts: 19
    Options
    Impressive! congrats.
  • ErinK09
    ErinK09 Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! (*)
  • JoKnowsJo
    JoKnowsJo Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Great job thank you
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!