Help checking foodlog: Gained the last 2 days

Options
Hi guys.
I been loosing weight quite effectively the last 2 weeks or so and the last 2 days I gained again. And the weight I gained is quite alot.

My food log is open for public and I was hopening that somebody couyld tell me why I gained the last 2 days straight.

Thanks in advance

Replies

• RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    I only read about 10 words of German but I can see that the Nötfärs Köttfärssås and Livsmedelsverket added to a lot of sodium compared to other days. Sodium in the body holds water weight. The weight uptick is temporary.
    You are a guy. Your calories should be higher in order for your body to get nutrients.
  • Nony_Mouse
    Nony_Mouse Posts: 5,646 Member
    Options
    Also, your weight bounces around due to a whole host of factors, throughout the day and throughout the week. That's why it's recommended to only weigh yourself once a week, at the same time of day.
  • misskarihari
    misskarihari Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    RodaRose wrote: »
    I only read about 10 words of German but I can see that the Nötfärs Köttfärssås and Livsmedelsverket added to a lot of sodium compared to other days. Sodium in the body holds water weight. The weight uptick is temporary.
    You are a guy. Your calories should be higher in order for your body to get nutrients.
    Swedish, not german;-)
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    RodaRose wrote: »
    Swedish, not german;-)

Thank you. :) Google translator recognized his profile as German. :\
  • mymodernbabylon
    mymodernbabylon Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    Weight loss is not linear - if you looked at my libra app where I record my daily weight, you would see a trend going down, but the day to day goes up and down and stays the same regularly. You are only a few weeks into this so you don't know it, but honestly, just keep plugging away and look at trends versus one or two weighings.
  • GingerbreadCandy
    GingerbreadCandy Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    Basically, what everyone else said. :) I was wondering though if there is any reason why you put all your calories into dinner?

Not that it will affect your weight loss or anything (it won't), I am wondering mostly in terms of it being sustainable or not.
  • acmanna
    acmanna Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I almost stressed out when a previous poster said the entries were in German and I didn't recognize the words! I've been learning it now (intensively) for 7 months..so hard

Anyways back on topic...it is normal for you to gain (retain water) and for it just being a couple of days I wouldn't worry too much
    Keep logging and it should go back down within a day or 2
    Another commonly asked question is are you weighing your food eighth a scale. You want to track it as accurately as possible.
  • ErikWennerberg
    ErikWennerberg Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Well nutrients I have. I been checked and passed that obsticle. I also eat nutrient supliments. About 1350 Cals, well I had 1500 but well I dont ever eat up to that so I lowered it. Just so I dont have to stress about getting to 1500. If I see 200 cals left, I will turn to the dark side and get tempted to drink a whiskey.

I lived my first 34 years on about 75% of what I eat now so Im actually eating more. (Yep its a miracle Im alive) However I am well aware I am eating very little, and no I am not actually starving myself. :)

I used to eat about once a day.

As of making my dinner the main course, well I enjoy having dinner. During day and breakfast I have minutes to consume my food. Once I get home and can relax I want lots and lots of food so that I may enjoy it for a long time. Its just a social and luxury thing. I know it might not be the right thing for the body, I just like it :)

Every single little piece of food that goes into my mouth is actually weighed. And I also doublecheck that its values are correct. (well my wife does)

I know weight goes up and down, but as I weigh myself everyday, before bathroom, same time in the morning in the exact same location on the floor in the NUDE, well I have to say that if I go down every day then go up twice in a row there must be a reason and I didnt actually calculate salt being a contender.

Ill keep logging and checking it out and if it turns around.. Great. If not, I will come back and complain and have you guys help me some more.

Well I thank you all and Im gonna cut down on the salt to see if that helps.
  • ErikWennerberg
    Options
    Just wanted to say that most likely you guys are right. I actually dropped 1kg from last night so that makes only 500g to go and Im equal to what I was before. Hopefully I have lost a few grams more since then and I will wake up felling even lighter tomorrow.

Thanks again guys.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    You only have two weeks logged. It isn't long enough, be patient.
  • ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,623 Member
    Options
    You aren't eating more than you used to if you've lost any weight. You are just likely eating more nutrient-dense food which FEELs like you are eating more food, but in reality you are probably eating about the same amount. At least you are eating way fewer calories. As a man you should be eating more, not just for nutrition purposes but for body composition, sanity, energy, and overall dieting adherence purposes.
  • angelinhell
    angelinhell Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    This is my third week too and the same has happened to me!
    Fri (WI day) - 194.8lbs
    Mon - 193lbs
    Tue - 193.4lbs
    Wed - 194.2lbs

WTF????
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    Options
    Hi guys.
    I been loosing weight quite effectively the last 2 weeks or so and the last 2 days I gained again. And the weight I gained is quite alot.

My food log is open for public and I was hopening that somebody couyld tell me why I gained the last 2 days straight.

Thanks in advance

Erik,

It's going to be okay. It sounds like normal fluctuation. It's not fat, probably water. You don't gain fat in two days. :)
  • SLLRunner
    Options
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »
    And this. ^^^
  • SLLRunner
    Options
    Fri (WI day) - 194.8lbs
    Mon - 193lbs
    Tue - 193.4lbs
    Wed - 194.2lbs

WTF????

Patience. Two weeks is not long enough to tell anything.
  • HeySwoleSister
    HeySwoleSister Posts: 1,938 Member
    Options
    Fri (WI day) - 194.8lbs
    Mon - 193lbs
    Tue - 193.4lbs
    Wed - 194.2lbs

WTF????

Those fluctuations are so small that they are irrelevant. I weigh myself every night right before bed and then again right after visiting the bathroom in the morning. Try it! I generally weigh about 2 pounds more at night than the morning....all water. These miniscule fluctuations you are seeing are almost certainly reflecting shifts in cell hydration, not body fat gained or lost. You won't see fat loss reflected from day to day, unless you are very, very obese, you will be losing a very small amount of fat each day.
  • ErikWennerberg
    Options
    ana3067 wrote: »
    You aren't eating more than you used to if you've lost any weight. You are just likely eating more nutrient-dense food which FEELs like you are eating more food, but in reality you are probably eating about the same amount. At least you are eating way fewer calories. As a man you should be eating more, not just for nutrition purposes but for body composition, sanity, energy, and overall dieting adherence purposes.

Well first of all I actually are eating more then I used to, believe or not. However I did not exercise in those days. I do now. I run 5km every other day and I do bodyweight exercises every day. And today I also started swimming aswell as going to Gym lifting weight. So that accounts for the loss in weight.
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »
    Second, 2 weeks logging is enough to show diffrences in me aswell as my wife. She has put on (She is trying to gain the thin cutie) and its showable as is my loss.

In eg I lost 6. something pounds and I do actually notice diffrences all the time. Im skinnier in face and I lost 10cm around my waist. My legs which always been skinny has become muscle prominent allready. (Well thighs anyways) I have more energy then most sain people need :) So thats a check. And asfar as I know, the dietist and doctors recommend a certain level of nutrients and energy. Crashdieting is not a problem aslong as the body has fuel to handle it. I have a few more pounds then Im raising my cals to 2000-then 2500.

Im not trying to loose weight everywhere, just around my belly and unfortunatly the damn body burns equally around all. I just dont want to be another statistics gaining it all again as it starts to look good. :)
    SLLRunner wrote: »
    Hi guys.

Thanks in advance

Erik,

It's going to be okay. It sounds like normal fluctuation. It's not fat, probably water. You don't gain fat in two days. :)

Oh I never thought I gained 2 pounds in fat over night :) However a two day increase in weight can easily turn into 4 or 8 or 16 if I dont correct it and under that masking weight I might be gaining without knowing. That was my main concearn. Fluctuations in weight I expected, but not 2 pounds per day :) Now I know to cut down on the so very good salt.

Thanks everyone I love the support. makes it easier.
  • jadumz
    jadumz Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I think I need new scales listening to this! I lose/gain significant weight just standing off and on the scales haha. Weekly weigh ins seem to be fairly consistent though
  • ErikWennerberg
    Options
    jadumz wrote: »
    I think I need new scales listening to this! I lose/gain significant weight just standing off and on the scales haha. Weekly weigh ins seem to be fairly consistent though

Well if you have somne sort of inbalance in your body where you gain water in e.g. Well then a weekly weigh-in wont be accurate either because that gain can add on any day. So the fact that I weigh myself everyday doesnt actually matter. If I do thuesdays and I gain water the day before, how would that do anything for accurancy.