Newbie and struggling

Options
ive only recently added my fitness pal 7days now and just realised that I totally missed the percentages of carbs, fat and protein I should be eating per day. I've went over my carbs twice this week. Will this affect my weight loss?

Replies

• naoxxx
    naoxxx Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I've only just started using this app but I tend to find upping my protein intake and lowering my carbs makes me lose weight quicker. I've also read that you lose more fat and less muscle when you eat a protein rich diet. Plus protein fills you up for longer and makes you less lethargic after lunch. Good luck!
  • Btbeam
    Btbeam Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Sorry to hear that your having a tough first week. The Macros that you are trying to dial in take some time to get there. I have lost 105 lbs and getting my macros right has really helped. I try for 40% protein 40% carbs and 20% fat. Most days i am pretty close but it took a few weeks to get that right. Feel free to add me as a friend for some additional support. Good Luck dont get discouraged this is a journey:)
  • alysefindingbalance
    Options
    I added you! We're about the same age and have about the same goal. Don't give up! I agree with Naoxxx, it's best to increase protein and reduce carbs -- but as long as you stay within the guidelines, you'll lose.
  • carriemarie15
    carriemarie15 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hey guys thanx for the support and kind words. Only seeing these replies now as I'm still getting used to it. I've lost 4lbs this week even tho I went over my carb intake twice. Il have to get adding u all, as it's nice to have the support here. Thanx and good luck every one of you
  • naoxxx
    naoxxx Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    4 lbs is loads. Well done!
  • carriemarie15
    Options
    Thank you. Dnt know how I managed it but I was so happy the scales were down and not up
  • radiosilents
    radiosilents Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't worry too much about too many things when you're starting out. Try to stick to logging your food and your calorie allotment at first if the macros seem too overwhelming. After 8 months I am still not quite hitting them, but have managed to lose over 70 pounds.
  • carriemarie15
    Options
    That is just amazing, I'm hoping to loose about 3 to 4 stone and I'm not putting time on it. I'm just taking it a day at a time right now. Thank you