FitBit... should I?

Options
2»

Replies

• HPprincess
    Options
    Instead of a fitbit, which I seriously considered, I have a Misfit Shine. I wear mine on my hip, since I do a lot of arm movements when I talk. The really nice thing is that it automatically goes into sleep mode and I can set different goals, which I know you can with the FitBit. However; I like that I can check my steps, and then it tells me the time. It's also waterproof, so I can wear it swimming, which really racks up the calories burned.
  • tryfailtry99
    Options
    You might want the One or the Zip. They clip on to a belt or somewhere discreet. They may not be quite as accurate as the wrist-worn trackers, but they're a good estimate. Of course, the danger to not wearing it is you forget it, lose it, or send it through the wash.

I love the Fitbit. Had the Flex, the Force, and now the Surge. Focusing on the 10k goal and number of floors, active minutes, etc. has really helped me quite a bit. Most people tend to find these trackers fun for a while but lose interest. I've been paying attention to them avidly for years. Even the sleep tracking is interesting! So I'd definitely recommend it.

As an aside, if you sit at a desk all day for work, drink a TON of water! Not only is it good for you, but it gets you moving just to hit the bathroom. I always walk to the furthest restroom or to talk to someone in person rather than IM or email. Gets some extra steps!
  • tjcuipylo
    tjcuipylo Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I've been considering getting the Charge of Charge HR. I was also wondering about the aria smart scale. Does anyone have it? Is it worth the money? Right now I've been using a cheap scale and I'm not sure how accurate it is, but at least it seems consistent.
  • khol1
    khol1 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    You might want the One or the Zip. They clip on to a belt or somewhere discreet. They may not be quite as accurate as the wrist-worn trackers, but they're a good estimate. Of course, the danger to not wearing it is you forget it, lose it, or send it through the wash.

I love the Fitbit. Had the Flex, the Force, and now the Surge. Focusing on the 10k goal and number of floors, active minutes, etc. has really helped me quite a bit. Most people tend to find these trackers fun for a while but lose interest. I've been paying attention to them avidly for years. Even the sleep tracking is interesting! So I'd definitely recommend it.

As an aside, if you sit at a desk all day for work, drink a TON of water! Not only is it good for you, but it gets you moving just to hit the bathroom. I always walk to the furthest restroom or to talk to someone in person rather than IM or email. Gets some extra steps!

This is me all over - I drink SOOO much water!

Does anyone know what the standard warranty is when you buy it direct from the FitBit website?
  • pittjenn
    pittjenn Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    khol1 wrote: »

Does anyone know what the standard warranty is when you buy it direct from the FitBit website?

1 year.
  • khol1
    khol1 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Thanks this has been really helpful!

Hopefully I'll end up getting it before my Birthday :)
  • belle_reve9
    belle_reve9 Posts: 1,099 Member
    Options
    khol1 wrote: »
    I loved my Fitbit Flex! It was really motivating to get up more during the work day to get my steps in. I liked the sleep tracker as well.
    Unfortunately, after a year it pretty much just died. Stopped holding a charge for more than half a day, then just quit altogether :/ I've thought about getting another one, but I'm not sure I want to pay again if it's only going to last a year!

This is what worries me, for something which is technically non-essential, I do want something which is going to last. I don't think the Charge HR is for me, I want something discreet I can wear all the time and it looks quite bulky, i'm happy with an estimate - better than what i have at the minute!

I have to say that if this happens contact Fitbit customer support. They are fantastic! Plus they do come with warranties. My Fitbit Ultra (no longer in production) got water damage and would not work. I contacted customer support via e-mail and got a response almost immediately and they asked a few questions and then sent a replacement out the next day.
    Fitbit fan here!

I agree about the Customer Support. It seems they will replace anything for free. My band started to break, so they sent me a new band. My friend's device started to just act weird and not work properly, so they sent her a whole new Fitbit.
  • DanielleMesa
    DanielleMesa Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    pittjenn wrote: »
    I have the Flex and my new Charge HR will be arrive on Saturday! The tracker really motivates me - I thought I was an "active" person because I fit in 30 min of exercise most days...getting a fitbit showed me that was pretty much the ONLY time I moved during the day. When I'm at work, I am motionless. So it's really helped get me up and moving more frequently, and I'm hitting my 10,000 steps (5 miles) goal most days.

Where did you order your Charge HR from? They haven't been released yet, right?
  • pittjenn
    pittjenn Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    pittjenn wrote: »
    I have the Flex and my new Charge HR will be arrive on Saturday! The tracker really motivates me - I thought I was an "active" person because I fit in 30 min of exercise most days...getting a fitbit showed me that was pretty much the ONLY time I moved during the day. When I'm at work, I am motionless. So it's really helped get me up and moving more frequently, and I'm hitting my 10,000 steps (5 miles) goal most days.

Where did you order your Charge HR from? They haven't been released yet, right?

I had a coupon from Fitbit (I previously had the recalled Force, and it's my understanding they sent all the Force people a coupon), so I ordered directly from them.

But I saw the Charge HR being stocked at REI while I was there this weekend, and I know they're on Amazon with Prime shipping now, too.

• DanielleMesa
    DanielleMesa Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Thanks! So excited. Ordered mine!