edited January 2015
    Options
    fatcity66 wrote: »
    MJ only.
    I concur
  • Bry_Fitness70
    Bry_Fitness70 Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    Not, and stop throwing cigarette butts everywhere, no one wants to see that *kitten*
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    Options
    Vaping cracks me up. Wish I had invented it. What a money maker. Might as well be sucking your thumb.
  • TasnimEz
    TasnimEz Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Not. I used to smoke, quit about 12 years ago and now I can't stand the smell. Can't believe I use to smell like that, lol.
    Hookah tastes ok with a nice cup of tea with almonds (I live in Tunisia so very common here) but "hot"? No.
  • Archerychickge
    Archerychickge Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    DEFINITLY NOT. Nothing sexy at all about foul breath, yellow stained teeth and fingers, dirty ashtrays, the expense, Shall I go on?
  • eeelizabeth2012
    eeelizabeth2012 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Not hot at all, ever. It smells. It makes you feel terrible. It smells terrible. It is unhealthy. Yuck. However, I smoke cherry cigars when I drink. I do not normally like to admit it.
  • spade117
    spade117 Posts: 2,466 Member
    Options
    bw_conway wrote: »
    Not, and stop throwing cigarette butts everywhere, no one wants to see that *kitten*

The birds need materials to build their nests with.
  • Lisa1971
    Lisa1971 Posts: 3,069 Member
    Options
    NOT! GROSS!
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options
    I smoked for 20 years, quit 15 months ago.

I'm apathetic about other people smoking. The smell kinda grosses me out, but I wouldn't call someone gross or nasty or anything else. Their choice, their habit, their health.

I think it's really bizarre that judging people for having an addiction (but only THIS addiction) is kosher. Why is being rude and jerky about smokers socially acceptable?
  • ObsessedMonster
    ObsessedMonster Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Absolutely not!
  • AmandaHugginkiss
    AmandaHugginkiss Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    Only if it's meat. Or jackets. Smoking jackets can be way hot in the right setting.
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options

I'm apathetic about other people smoking. The smell kinda grosses me out, but I wouldn't call someone gross or nasty or anything else. Their choice, their habit, their health.

I think it's really bizarre that judging people for having an addiction (but only THIS addiction) is kosher. Why is being rude and jerky about smokers socially acceptable?
    1 - they aren't just knowingly risking their own health, but everyone's around them, often their own children.
    2 - it's a choice to start and continue.
    3 - there are about a billion ways to stop, most of them are covered by insurance.
    4 - the main reason it's hard to stop is that it's not illegal, so they don't have to hide it.
    5 - they reek horribly and we all have to smell it when they walk among us.

I smoked myself for 8 years, my hubs for 20.
  • Bry_Fitness70
    Bry_Fitness70 Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    I basically grew up in a cloud of second hand smoke, both parents smoked a couple of packs a day. Its was great coughing all the time and experiencing burning eyes constantly, good times...
  • TheVirgoddess
    Options
    mccindy72 wrote: »

1 - they aren't just knowingly risking their own health, but everyone's around them, often their own children.
    3 - there are about a billion ways to stop, most of them are covered by insurance.
    4 - the main reason it's hard to stop is that it's not illegal, so they don't have to hide it.

1. I never smoked around another person, ever. Especially not my kids. Not in my car, house, not in front of stores, not in bars, restaurants - ever.
    2. So because it's a choice, like drinking alcohol or shooting up heroin, it's okay to be jerks to/about them. Got it.
    3. And? There are a billion ways to get help regardless of what your addiction is.
    4. It's not illegal to drink either, but I don't see threads bashing alcoholics.
    5. So anytime anyone smells, it's a green light to degrade them? Check!

• mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options

1. I never smoked around another person, ever. Especially not my kids. Not in my car, house, not in front of stores, not in bars, restaurants - ever.
    2. So because it's a choice, like drinking alcohol or shooting up heroin, it's okay to be jerks to/about them. Got it.
    3. And? There are a billion ways to get help regardless of what your addiction is.
    4. It's not illegal to drink either, but I don't see threads bashing alcoholics.

I never said 'you'. I said 'they'. No personal attacks, there. Don't take it personally. I see people every day smoking in their cars with their children, and have to walk through smoke to get into buildings.
    I'm not a jerk to smokers. I was a Respiratory Therapist for 9 years and counseled hundreds of people to help them stop smoking. It is a choice, most of them don't want to make the choice to stop.
    Most of the ways to get help for other addictions include going to rehab and suffering through withdrawal while just not taking your drug. There are myriad nicotine replacements which make nicotine withdrawal much easier to go through, and even without them, it's not even comparable to heroin or cocaine withdrawal.
    Drinking alcohol won't kill the person sitting next to you.
    The initial question was 'Smoking - hot or not?' Stinky is definitely NOT HOT.
  • TheVirgoddess
    Options

I never said 'you'. I said 'they'. No personal attacks, there. Don't take it personally. I see people every day smoking in their cars with their children, and have to walk through smoke to get into buildings.
    I'm not a jerk to smokers. I was a Respiratory Therapist for 9 years and counseled hundreds of people to help them stop smoking. It is a choice, most of them don't want to make the choice to stop.
    Most of the ways to get help for other addictions include going to rehab and suffering through withdrawal while just not taking your drug. There are myriad nicotine replacements which make nicotine withdrawal much easier to go through, and even without them, it's not even comparable to heroin or cocaine withdrawal.
    Drinking alcohol won't kill the person sitting next to you.
    The initial question was 'Smoking - hot or not?' Stinky is definitely NOT HOT.

I'm not taking it personally. You're generalizing and I'm showing why generalizations are harmful.

If you're not a jerk to smokers, I don't understand why you replied to my post in the first place, as it obviously wasn't about you.

And it doesn't matter how many help programs are there - a person can only quit when they're ready.

I don't think it's okay to shame any subset of the population for any reason, so I spoke up. Not everyone in this thread is shaming, of course. But some are and it's not cool, IMO.
  • _Tink_
    _Tink_ Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    Personally, I'm not a fan. It's a turn off.
  • redromad275
    redromad275 Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    Yuck, former smoker of many years. I quit 7 years ago. I wish I never would have started