Zero Belly

Options
Anybody on here besides me giving this new David Zinczenko Zero Belly Diet a shot?

Replies

• KickinLady
    KickinLady Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I bought the book and am seriously considering trying it. Are you having success?
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    Nope. There is no way to have a zero belly.
  • SexyKatherine73
    SexyKatherine73 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Too many rules and no bread Blah blah blah. It also says to avoid red meat and salt THIS girl needs her bacon and steak

• SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    Too many rules and no bread Blah blah blah. It also says to avoid red meat and salt THIS girl needs her bacon and steak
    Katherine,

I'm with you on that! I bake my own bread every week. :)
  • terbusha
    terbusha Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    I think that restrictive diets are not the best by far. When you are not allowed foods you like, you get massive cravings, you cheat on your diet, feel guilty, and I've seen many people in this situation end up binging because the had 1 of something (that by itself would not cause a problem). I'm on the flexible dieting boat. There are no "bad" foods that have to be avoided. Instead, set appropriate calorie and macro goals and eat to that every day, while getting in your fruits, veggies, and fiber. If you can do that and work in some treat foods (whatever they are), rock on!
  • clambert1273
    clambert1273 Posts: 840 Member
    Options

wrap that steak in bacon..... that's how I roll... lol
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    You can't spot reduce
  • LifeInTheBikeLane
    LifeInTheBikeLane Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    "Zero Belly Diet is the revolutionary new plan to turn off your fat genes and help keep you lean for life!"

Every diet is supposed to be revolutionary. Then it ends up not working. I gave up on doing that type of thing long ago. My doctor made me go two weeks without any type of dairy (as a test, not for weight loss) and the second he told me I could continue with my lifestyle of dairy...I binged. Not worth it!
  • tigerblue
    tigerblue Posts: 1,526 Member
    Options
    terbusha wrote: »
    I think that restrictive diets are not the best by far. When you are not allowed foods you like, you get massive cravings, you cheat on your diet, feel guilty, and I've seen many people in this situation end up binging because the had 1 of something (that by itself would not cause a problem). I'm on the flexible dieting boat. There are no "bad" foods that have to be avoided. Instead, set appropriate calorie and macro goals and eat to that every day, while getting in your fruits, veggies, and fiber. If you can do that and work in some treat foods (whatever they are), rock on!

I absolutely agree!
  • quest4fit3
    quest4fit3 Posts: 9 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    For the first week with having healthy protein shakes for breakfast and lunch, and a dinner that follows their guidelines I lost around 6 pounds.

So far I do like the ideas and I'm following them somewhat. I've definitely been avoiding most of what they're suggesting and haven't had many cravings or issues.

I am doing weights 4 days a week and getting in a good amount of cardio too, so with everything I've been happy with my results.

Here's a good overview of what the diet is all about.

http://www.chewfo.com/diets/zero-belly-diet-by-david-zinczenko-food-list-what-to-eat-and-foods-to-avoid/
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    Since you can't spot reduce (Fact), and this books' title suggests that you can, that insinuates that said author is trying to scam others.

tumblr_inline_n2647sTxRX1srzzws.gif
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    The "magic" of this diet is that they cut out so much food that your calories drop pretty low. They also have you cut out all things that potentially cause bloating or water retention, so within the first week you already feel slimmer.
  • clambert1273
    Options
    quest4fit3 wrote: »
    For the first week with having healthy protein shakes for breakfast and lunch, and a dinner that follows their guidelines I lost around 6 pounds.

So far I do like the ideas and I'm following them somewhat. I've definitely been avoiding most of what they're suggesting and haven't had many cravings or issues.

I am doing weights 4 days a week and getting in a good amount of cardio too, so with everything I've been happy with my results.

Here's a good overview of what the diet is all about.

http://www.chewfo.com/diets/zero-belly-diet-by-david-zinczenko-food-list-what-to-eat-and-foods-to-avoid/

no thanks.... not even going to look lol
  • itsthehumidity
    itsthehumidity Posts: 351 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    "Zero Belly Diet is the revolutionary new plan to turn off your fat genes and help keep you lean for life!"

So the bodybuilders and fitness models out there didn't get the way they are by "turning off fat genes." What makes you think that you can turn off yours, or any genes for that matter, by way of a restrictive diet?

Are you nearsighted? Did you know you can turn off your myopia gene by avoiding cake?

Do you have muscular dystrophy? Ah, well that's because you've been eating dairy.

Are you short? Let's enable your height genes to truly soar by cutting out all forms of sugar.

Pretty soon doctors and trainers will truly hate you.

I need to write a diet book I mean this stuff really works. Not the diets, of course, but the revenue generation method. I'll start here.

Itsthehumidity's Guide to the Perfect Body

I was like you once. I was tired of trying every diet and exercise program under the sun. I did everything exactly as they told me and I still couldn't get rid of that stubborn belly fat. I did some of my own research, and I found out something shocking that the fitness and medical industries do NOT want you to know!

Hospitals, clinics, gyms, trainers, are all FOR PROFIT. Think about it. You're a smart person, you know something is up with the system. If you were running a business, would you teach your clients how to do what you do? NO! You want them to keep coming back. You'll tell them whatever they need to hear so that they think they need you. Now you're thinking like a personal trainer. But that's not how you want to think.

The secret I discovered is that it actually is possible to get around those stubborn genetics that don't want you to succeed. During my research I studied multiple cultures across the world that don't struggle with obesity and health problems. What did I find? There are five foods that none of these cultures eat!

Do these people do situps all day? Do they do ridiculous things like squats and deadlifts and bench presses? No! They make sure they avoid these five foods that the health care industry hopes you crave. The industry banks on it.

For just $19.95 I'll send you the fruits of my research, and for a recurring subscription fee of $4.99/month I'll send you periodical updates about the state of the industry that wants you to fail, and what you can do to make sure that doesn't happen. What's better, a few dollars a month, or thousands of dollars paid in avoidable medical bills? Don't leave it up to them.
  • clambert1273
    Options

So the bodybuilders and fitness models out there didn't get the way they are by "turning off fat genes." What makes you think that you can turn off yours, or any genes for that matter, by way of a restrictive diet?

Are you nearsighted? Did you know you can turn off your myopia gene by avoiding cake?

Do you have muscular dystrophy? Ah, well that's because you've been eating dairy.

Are you short? Let's enable your height genes to truly soar by cutting out all forms of sugar.

Pretty soon doctors and trainers will truly hate you.

I need to write a diet book I mean this stuff really works. Not the diets, of course, but the revenue generation method. I'll start here.

Itsthehumidity's Guide to the Perfect Body

I was like you once. I was tired of trying every diet and exercise program under the sun. I did everything exactly as they told me and I still couldn't get rid of that stubborn belly fat. I did some of my own research, and I found out something shocking that the fitness and medical industries do NOT want you to know!

Hospitals, clinics, gyms, trainers, are all FOR PROFIT. Think about it. You're a smart person, you know something is up with the system. If you were running a business, would you teach your clients how to do what you do? NO! You want them to keep coming back. You'll tell them whatever they need to hear so that they think they need you. Now you're thinking like a personal trainer. But that's not how you want to think.

The secret I discovered is that it actually is possible to get around those stubborn genetics that don't want you to succeed. During my research I studied multiple cultures across the world that don't struggle with obesity and health problems. What did I find? There are five foods that none of these cultures eat!

Do these people do situps all day? Do they do ridiculous things like squats and deadlifts and bench presses? No! They make sure they avoid these five foods that the health care industry hopes you crave. The industry banks on it.

For just $19.95 I'll send you the fruits of my research, and for a recurring subscription fee of $4.99/month I'll send you periodical updates about the state of the industry that wants you to fail, and what you can do to make sure that doesn't happen. What's better, a few dollars a month, or thousands of dollars paid in avoidable medical bills? Don't leave it up to them.

ROFLMAO!!! classic... I need to print that out..... sign me up :P
  • HeySwoleSister
    HeySwoleSister Posts: 1,938 Member
    Options
    Is that the one where you look like Goldie Hawn in "Death becomes Her?"

hqdefault.jpg