Salmon recipes

Options
2»

Replies

• Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I usually cook it in tinfoil also. I start with slices of onion and lay the salmon on top of the onion slices. Then add a little butter and some freshly ground pepper. Then I seal up the tinfoil and bake.

Gotta try this foil pkg. method... haven't yet on any fish and keep hearing about it! Hey thanks for the reminder :)

so many fab ideas you've all shared...can't wait to try them :)
  • poohpoohpeapod
    poohpoohpeapod Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    400 oven. place filet in pan skin side down bake 10 minutes 1tsp honey over top bake till honey crsps a bit slather dijon mustard over top broil 35 seconds. honey-dijon salmon yumminess
  • poohpoohpeapod
    Options
    400 oven. place filet in pan skin side down bake 10 minutes 1tsp honey over top bake till honey crsps a bit slather dijon mustard over top broil 35 seconds. honey-dijon salmon yumminess

oh! before placing in oven sprinkle season salt and garlic powder on filet

• poohpoohpeapod
    Options
    Rub with chili powder and brown sugar

this sounds good!
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    I do panko crusted salmon. I cut slits in the skin, sprinkle in salt. Then, season the panko with asian seasoning. If using the NuWave, cook halfway skin side up, then do the next step. Rub dijon mustard onto flesh, press into panko. (If not using nuwave) Pan-fry skin side down until cooked halfway through. Finish cooking Panko side up in oven.
  • MillieSJ
    MillieSJ Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I like using chipotle seasoning on my salmon. Gives it a nice flavor and kick, and all you have to do is shake the spice on. Easy peasy.
  • GoPerfectHealth
    GoPerfectHealth Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Most of the time when I cook salmon, I sprinkle it with Garam Masala and bake it. Then use lemon, salt and pepper. It is fast and one of my favorite meals.
  • Nachise
    Nachise Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    I bake my salmon, but first I make a glaze to put on top. This works for a half pound, skinned filet. I mix together a tablespoon of dijon mustard with about a half teaspoon of olive oil, a teaspoon of basalmic vinegar, and a little bit of cumin. Adding a little bit of thyme is nice, too. Line a baking sheet with some parchment, and put into a 400 degree oven. Bake 10 minutes for every inch of thickness.
  • kristen6350
    kristen6350 Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    Baked. With Franks Red Hot, Crushed Red Pepper Flakes and cayenne pepper sprinkled on before baking. 375 for 20 minutes. Yummy salmon.

Can you tell I like my food spicy? LOL
  • CassandraLT90
    CassandraLT90 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    All of these sound so good. I'm gonna have to work on trying them.
  • SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage
    Options
    BinkyBonk wrote: »
    I made this the other day and it was AMAZING. Sweet n Spicy Sriracha glazed salmon 229 calories

http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/Sweet-n-Spicy-Sriracha-Glazed-Salmon-51252440

I just tried this tonight. It was good. Thanks!
    Glad you liked it!

• will2lose72
    will2lose72 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I make a marinade with orange juice, rice wine vinegar, soy sauce, brown sugar or honey, fresh ginger if I have it (if not, ground ginger spice). Marinate for 30min to an hour, then bake at 400 in the oven for 15 minutes, broil for 5 minutes or until it reaches the temp you prefer.
    The best way to grill it is on a wood plank - maple is my favorite!
  • jules111007
    jules111007 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    My all-time favorite salmon recipe:
    Weight Watchers Lemon-Herb Roasted Salmon
    Skinless Salmon Fillets
    Salt & Pepper salmon on non-stick dish
    Combine 1t lemon zest, 1/4c lemon juice, 1T + 1 1/2t sugar, 1T chopped parsley, 1T chopped thyme, 1t minced garlic, 1t dried oregano -- pour mixture over salmon
    Bake salmon 15min 400 degree oven, basting occasionally
    Awesome! And good as leftovers too :)
  • oneoddsock
    oneoddsock Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Sweet chilli sauce. Yum!
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    A couple of days ago I made salmon on spinach. Put a bit of water in the skillet, and wilt the spinach. Set aside.

Wipe the skillet, add a bit of butter, rub the salmon with whatever spices you want, and cook it on both sides until it's done. Set aside.

Add a bit more butter if needed, add chopped shallots, halved olives, and golden raisins. After a minute add the spinach and toss it around with a couple of spoons until heated through. Add your choice of seasoning and toss again. Arrange into plates.

Arrange the salmon over spinach.

Add a some honey and balsamic vinegar to the skillet, and reduce it to a glaze. It should take a minute at most but be careful not to breathe it in. The vinegar can give off a very potent vapor. Drizzle the glaze over the salmon and spinach and enjoy!

I don't have the exact amounts because I eyeball things, but next time I make it I will try to pay attention if you want.