It won't budge :(

Now, granted, I've only been really "at it" for 3 weeks...but seriously I'm the same!!! But what you have to realize is that I've been trying for a year.... :(. Ive only gone up....30 lbs in 2 years... I know that perhaps my "all or nothing" or yo yo dieting hasn't Helped and I've been a CX instructor for 2 years and it's do frustrating to be able to teach to all these skinny ppl while I remain 40 lbs heavier!
But, since Dec 26 th I've really really made efforts .....
It is starting to really get me down, to the point where I don't even want to go out apart from work and gym.
And most recently, I've really cut back and have been working at gym too. Doing weights, core, little cardio. Starting yesterday I have also started on gentle liver cleanse. No dairy. No wheat. No sugar. No alcohol.... Yet...the scale goes up after 1 day. My diary is open. Any advice?? I'm sooo fed up!

Replies

• clambert1273
    clambert1273 Posts: 840 Member
    cant see diary so can't comment there...

its about calories... you don't need to "Cleanse" anything lol just eat at a reasonable deficit.
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,144 Member
    Give it time, it takes time. Of course there is the possibility that your calorie counting has been flawed, or you have a medical reason why your metabolism might not be humming on all cylinders..
  • Laurend224
    Laurend224 Posts: 1,748 Member
    It takes a while of consistent, accurate logging. You don't need to give up wheat, dairy, sugar, or booze to lose weight. Open your diary and people may be able to spot what you can't see.
  • TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    You can't expect to see results in only one day. Cutting out alcohol is good for your liver, but the most important thing for weight loss is to eat fewer calories than you burn. If you aren't losing weight, then you aren't doing that.
  • stargazgal
    stargazgal Posts: 93 Member
    Sorry. It's public now. I know there were a couple days that I "indulged".. But still stayed under... Maybe I need to try harder ..but I know I was starved when I went yo bed last night lol
  • stargazgal
    neanderthin
    January 20, 2015 7:49AM
    Give it time, it takes time. Of course there is the possibility that your calorie counting has been flawed, or you have a medical reason why your metabolism might not be humming on all cylinders.."

Yes... According to a naturopath I am full of candida. Which is why he suggested no wheat. Sugar. Alcohol for 30 days.
  • Laurend224
    Ok. Couple of things. I noticed you ate avocado two days, and they were the exact same amount of calories. You may be eating more than you think. It easy to do if you aren't weighing your food.
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,144 Member
    stargazgal wrote: »
    neanderthin
    Give it time, it takes time. Of course there is the possibility that your calorie counting has been flawed, or you have a medical reason why your metabolism might not be humming on all cylinders.."

Yes... According to a naturopath I am full of candida. Which is why he suggested no wheat. Sugar. Alcohol for 30 days.
    Naturopath and Candida in the same sentence is concerning.

• Laurend224
    neanderthin

Naturopath you say. -_-. I had thrush once. You would KNOW if you had candida issues.
  • clambert1273
    clambert1273 Posts: 840 Member
    neanderthin

Naturopath and Candida in the same sentence is concerning.

oh my... just do what works... weigh your food (everything) with a food scale.. be mindful of the selections in the database you are choosing (I use the barcode scanner for just about everything) and then do the math for the appropriate serving... I usually come in at my goal, a little over or a little under - I look at my weekly totals :)
  • SergeantSausage
    SergeantSausage Posts: 1,673 Member
    Starting yesterday I have also started on gentle liver cleanse. No dairy. No wheat. No sugar. No alcohol....

None of that is important, or even relevant to weight loss.

None.

Unnecessary distraction that only serves to confuse the matter at hand.

• stargazgal
    thanks for input all
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    Your exercise burns seem really high. Where are you getting these figures? This is why most people only eat half. Also weigh your food, i.e.: my banana average is about 122-135 calories...All of this adds up.
  • wkwebby
    wkwebby Posts: 807 Member
    edited January 2015
    I thought you were staying away from alcohol (on Saturday Gin and Tonic)? Could you actually be cheating and not logging other meals/snacks/drinks? It seems that you are taking in more calories than you think.

Edited for this: Also, there is no water logged. Not sure if this is just something you don't keep track of or not. Could the weight gain be just water?
  • trishd6
    trishd6 Posts: 20
    I think you really need to be patient. Although I understand...everyone is different and is going to lose weight at a different rate. I have a friend on MFP that has lost 5 pounds in a week. Me however has only lost 1, I have gone up and back down and back up and down again in the last 13 days. I think you need to give your body time to adjust. Keep at it, don't give up. It will all pay off in the end with a little hard work.
  • stargazgal
    wkwebby wrote: »
    I thought you were staying away from alcohol (on Saturday Gin and Tonic)? Could you actually be cheating and not logging other meals/snacks/drinks? It seems that you are taking in more calories than you think.

Edited for this: Also, there is no water logged. Not sure if this is just something you don't keep track of or not. Could the weight gain be just water?

Hey. Yes the no alcohol just started yesterday haha. I typically drink 100 ounces a day.
  • stargazgal
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »
    Your exercise burns seem really high. Where are you getting these figures? This is why most people only eat half. Also weigh your food, i.e.: my banana average is about 122-135 calories...All of this adds up.

Thanks. My exercise calories are just from mfp. Wonder if j should get a colour counter (heart rate monitor watch).
    I do try to work out hard. :)
    Maybe I should weigh.
  • ransaka
    ransaka Posts: 135 Member
    Maybe I should weigh.

If you don't weight your food you will end up eating more than you think you are doing. Splash out on a digital food scale, you can get them cheap enough and they take all of the guess work out and using average quantities. I'd honestly say they are pretty much essential if you are counting calories.
  • michaelyncoil
    michaelyncoil Posts: 2 Member
    Ok back to the candida topic.... Have you looked into that any further? Do you have any of the symptoms and problems related to it? This could be a reason why.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,439 Member
    Heart rate monitor and a food scale. Use them faithfully. Reassess after a month and make adjustments from there.