Bikini Pic to be proud of

Options
McWooey
McWooey Posts: 61 Member
since starting healthy eating and personal training which included resistance and weight training, my weight has gone up about 3kgs but i've definitely become more toned,

However i knew it needed alot of work, and so my focus was my cruise holiday with my boyfriend in August.

he took a few pictures of me on my phone and i made a point of avoiding looking at them until I looked through them as i wasn't overly happy with myself in a bikini, however when i was flicking through them i was amazed to see that my body really is changing for the better. I've always had a small upper body and been heavier around the hips and butt, and I went on holiday feeling liked I'd failed because my weight was heavier, but on looking at the pictures and seeing my shape has changed it's been the incentive I needed to keep going.

so I'm going to swallow my pride, and show the picture that got me feeling better about myself... I've definitely got a way to go where thighs and hips are concerned but im getting there.... Oh and btw... my boyfriend obviously approves as he proposed on the holiday :smile: :love: :blushing:

I invite any of you to do the same... I want this to be a motivational thread, if you've got nothing good to say.. then say nothing!!

IMAG0742_zpsc58d4e74.jpg

Replies

• Prettyforafatgirl
    Prettyforafatgirl Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    you look amazing! i hope you know that!! i will be excited when i am to that point! 68 pounds down and about 50-55 more to go!
  • keithw2013
    keithw2013 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    You look fabulous. Lucky guy!
  • jordanify
    jordanify Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic!
  • muzichick
    muzichick Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic!

Congratulations on the upcoming wedding too :)
  • PammieSuzyQ
    PammieSuzyQ Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I want to look like you!
  • AmillB
    AmillB Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Jealous? You look so amazing
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Nice work!! Congrats :)
  • dtcjem
    dtcjem Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    You look awesome! Great work and congratulations!
  • vixtris
    vixtris Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    Wow congrats on the bikini body and the engagement! :D
  • cds_momto3
    cds_momto3 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    You look great - you should definitely be proud of yourself! And congratulations on the engagement!!
  • fdfallie
    fdfallie Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    ugh - I wish my stomach looked like yours. Great job!
  • marvy1_nyc
    marvy1_nyc Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Seriously great picture of you! If I looked like that in a bikini, I would be plastering that pic everywhere. Go, girl. :)
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    I'd be proud too! Looks good.
  • awsenior
    Options
    McWooey wrote: »
    since starting healthy eating and personal training which included resistance and weight training, my weight has gone up about 3kgs but i've definitely become more toned,

However i knew it needed alot of work, and so my focus was my cruise holiday with my boyfriend in August.

he took a few pictures of me on my phone and i made a point of avoiding looking at them until I looked through them as i wasn't overly happy with myself in a bikini, however when i was flicking through them i was amazed to see that my body really is changing for the better. I've always had a small upper body and been heavier around the hips and butt, and I went on holiday feeling liked I'd failed because my weight was heavier, but on looking at the pictures and seeing my shape has changed it's been the incentive I needed to keep going.

so I'm going to swallow my pride, and show the picture that got me feeling better about myself... I've definitely got a way to go where thighs and hips are concerned but im getting there.... Oh and btw... my boyfriend obviously approves as he proposed on the holiday :smile: :love: :blushing:

I invite any of you to do the same... I want this to be a motivational thread, if you've got nothing good to say.. then say nothing!!

IMAG0742_zpsc58d4e74.jpg

You look Great keep up the hard work Thanks for sharing your journey!!
  • hillary_jean
    hillary_jean Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I think you look amazing! There is nothing in that pic that you need to ashamed of, EVER. If I looked like that in a bathing suit, that's all I'd ever wear. And I would put pics everywhere, haha.
  • mittenswillet
    mittenswillet Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    you look like a model...and you look devine! Am I jealous? ...hell yess!!! be proud =)
  • Ajaxlost
    Ajaxlost Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    you look amazing!
  • christylynn622
    christylynn622 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Super cute pic! Be proud, lady!
  • rebeccaEsmith
    rebeccaEsmith Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    You should be so proud keep up the good work
  • KimbersNewLife
    KimbersNewLife Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic! No wonder he proposed!!! Congrats!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!