has anyone done a detox cleanse for the body before? if so did it help?

Options
has anyone done a detox cleanse for the body before? if so did it help? I just got the cleanser 14 day women's formula. its suppose to make you go to the bathroom a lot

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,526 Member
    Options
    Un needed. Cleanses sold by any company are just a way for them to increase income on the deception that you're cleaning out your body from junk. There's a reason why we're born kidneys and livers.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Hang on, I'm going to need a hard hat for this one

Cleanse / detox ..both ridiculous terms designed to part you with your money
  • healthygreek
    healthygreek Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    Your body has full capabilities of detoxing itself.
    You don't need a detox and it could be harmful.
    My advice-don't do it!
  • engmomma
    engmomma Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Eat vegetables. Drink alot of water. Same thing. I would not waste money on a detox cleanse. That is what the liver is for.
  • bannedword
    bannedword Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Just send me your money instead.
  • kamakazeekim
    kamakazeekim Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    Detoxes are junk. Your body naturally cleanses itself. That's what your liver and kidneys are for.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    It's a laxative. In fact, in looking at the ingredients, it's SEVERAL laxatives. In fact it's a HARSH stimulant laxative.
  • sjaplo
    sjaplo Posts: 974 Member
    Options
    oh good - its almost 1pm here - I wondered when the cleanse/detox thread would start.

OP - here is what you want to hear - gush - oh I did it and I lost oodles of weight and I feel soooo much better and my acne cleared up. Let me know how it works for you. Kisses/ Hugs.

Can we stop now?
  • LifeInTheBikeLane
    LifeInTheBikeLane Posts: 345 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    You asked for them to tell you if it works or not...and they did. They told you they do not work. And it was not the answer you wanted.

They do not work and are not needed. End of story. Any diet pill and detox is going to scream that people lost all this weight on them. That is how they sell them. You will lose only water weight on it and it will all return as quickly as you stop it.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    I think we have hit MFP bingo on thread topics today:

sugar - locked down
    pop is disgusting and the same as smoking cigarettes - locked down
    and now...detox ....soon to be locked down...
  • Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    You asked for opinions.... and the thing about opinions is that they all don't have to agree. Instead of spending money on "cleanses and detoxes" it may be worth a trip to your MD if you are having an issue going.
  • cebreisch
    cebreisch Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    My bariatric nutritionist said not to bother with them.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    congrats OP you wasted your money ..

have fun on the toilet for the next fourteen days...

oh, and unless your liver and kidneys have stopped working, this is totally unnecessary...
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    edited January 2015
    Options
    No. They haven't lost 5LBS. The scale went down because they took a laxative. The scale will quickly go back up.

Your call if you want to use stimulant laxatives to make a number on the scale go down.
    It's not a detox. It's not a weight loss tool. It's just a laxative. You can buy that at walmart for 2 dollars. I don't recommend it, of course. But I don't generally recommend stimulant laxatives to strangers.

If you're constipated, try changing your diet, or adding a healthful supplement like magnesium.

And don't post questions on the world wide web if you don't want answers and opinions.
  • JoanaMHill
    JoanaMHill Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    the funny thing is if you look at the reviews of all the detoxes they all lost 5 pounds doing it because there blocked and not going to the bathroom I eat fruits and vegetables everyday and I drink a gallon of water a day and still cant go I think the people that are always doubting the products are the people that arnt happy with there self which includes all of you guys saying it doesn't work. because obously you guys havnt tried it. if your not happy about your self then go do something about it instead of saying *kitten* don't work if you never tried it you guys make yourself look stupid

You asked for them to tell you if it works or not...and they did. They told you they do not work. And it was not the answer you wanted.

They do not work and are not needed. End of story.

I honestly never got why people try to argue when they ask for things like this. It's a fact that detoxes are unneeded and can even be dangerous depending on your health conditions. Would you ask the cafeteria worker at your office what was for lunch today, and then when they tell you macaroni, try to argue that it is actually burgers?
  • kristen6350
    kristen6350 Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    You have probably have read other forum posts about Cleanse/Detoxes before and pretty much knew what your responses were going to be before you even asked, but you still asked any way. Then called us all stupid. I think I'd re-evaluate who's stupid.

If you think it's the bee's knees, do it. But it doesn't mean you have to have support.
  • Gray_Sare
    Options
    If you're not going properly you might want to look into another way to incorporate more fiber into your diet, as well as LOTS of water. The detox solutions are meant to clean your system out with laxatives and the like, but with the gunk you will also lose the bacteria needed to be able to go to the bathroom. Laxatives draw the water out of your body to force bowel movements so yes, others may have lost 5 pounds but it is likely water weight that can and will easily come back. I think taking a look at your macros and activity levels will help more than a product will.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options
    the funny thing is if you look at the reviews of all the detoxes they all lost 5 pounds doing it because there blocked and not going to the bathroom I eat fruits and vegetables everyday and I drink a gallon of water a day and still cant go I think the people that are always doubting the products are the people that arnt happy with there self which includes all of you guys saying it doesn't work. because obously you guys havnt tried it. if your not happy about your self then go do something about it instead of saying *kitten* don't work if you never tried it you guys make yourself look stupid

Yea of course the company is going to put some crap reviews they want your money which they got.

You figured it out I'm very unhappy with myself cause I didn't throw away money on a detox but instead understand they aren't necessary because your body does very well on it's own. But if you like to throw money away I can give you my paypal

And they are literally CRAP reviews lol.
  • emdeesea
    emdeesea Posts: 1,823 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    You want honesty? Here it is: if you want to lose weight you have to stop eating too much and exercise some more. Detoxes do nothing at all except "detox" your wallet of money. If you "can't go," then you need to see a doctor. But seeing as how you posted just the other day that you want to lose 45 pounds, I'm thinking this is more about losing weight.

You can get the same results from drinking lots of water and maybe some tea. But you're a fool if you think those expensive detox kits will do anything at all for you.

Now grow up and quit acting like a baby when you get answers you don't like.