Fitbit vs iPhone

Options
Which one do you think keeps a more accurate record of steps throughout the day?

Replies

• Jbabcoc1
    Jbabcoc1 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Fitbit unless you have your phone with you constantly.
  • ErinK09
    ErinK09 Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    I would say fitbit.
  • sstolii123
    sstolii123 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I use my phone, I don't need another device to keep track of me. I use my phone to track my calories, my running distance and steps.
  • slucki01
    slucki01 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    fitbit
  • shadykatiekate
    shadykatiekate Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Fitbit! I use fitbit to log exercise/steps and mfp to log food. They are both linked together, which is great! I love it and both of the apps have been so helpful!!!
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options
    Is this even a question? Fitbit for sure. If you actually use your phone for anything other than a step counter (why on earth would you have a $650 step counter?) then your numbers are going to be off.

My phone is frequently on my desk, getting charged, or in my hands.

Of what if I'm not wearing pants? Where would I put my phone then?
  • PinUp2014
    PinUp2014 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I have the iPhone on a payment plan and I make an effort to bring it with me when I move around.

That being said, if I was given a FitBit, I'd probably use it instead.
  • Yodee
    Yodee Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Well I guess I need to dig mine out :)
  • Amandatorie
    Amandatorie Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Is this even a question? Fitbit for sure. If you actually use your phone for anything other than a step counter (why on earth would you have a $650 step counter?) then your numbers are going to be off.

There are tons of step counters (including the fitbit flex, and the new fitbit charge ones) that are on your wrist--not much different than carrying your phone in your hand. I use my phone for work as well as personal stuff, so I almost always have it on me (in a pocket of my pants, jacket, purse, or occasionally in my bra when I'm at home, or in a running pouch thing if I'm going on a longer run or a race). Yes, my phone is not counting every step I take when I get up to go to the bathroom at home, but it's getting the vast majority of them. It gives me the same ballpark I'm expecting, based on when I wore a fitbit Zip constantly for a while. I've never used them at the same time, though.

Since I just like the steps as a general estimate of my activity this is fine for me. NONE of the step counters out there are truly accurate, so we need to take them all with a grain of salt.

• Th3Ph03n1x
    Th3Ph03n1x Posts: 275 Member
    Options

There are tons of step counters (including the fitbit flex, and the new fitbit charge ones) that are on your wrist--not much different than carrying your phone in your hand. I use my phone for work as well as personal stuff, so I almost always have it on me (in a pocket of my pants, jacket, purse, or occasionally in my bra when I'm at home, or in a running pouch thing if I'm going on a longer run or a race). Yes, my phone is not counting every step I take when I get up to go to the bathroom at home, but it's getting the vast majority of them. It gives me the same ballpark I'm expecting, based on when I wore a fitbit Zip constantly for a while. I've never used them at the same time, though.

Since I just like the steps as a general estimate of my activity this is fine for me. NONE of the step counters out there are truly accurate, so we need to take them all with a grain of salt.

I use my phone for work too but when I walk around the house or office I don't pick it up and carry it with me most of the time. It will lay on my desk all day and my table all night... so yeah fitbit. Plus fitbit has a version with a heart monitor now