5:2

Options
Any 5:2 friends here??
Who's on the fast train with me twice a week?
Would love to have a few fasting pals!
Add me if you want to as well :)

Replies

• honkytonks85
    honkytonks85 Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    I have done 5:2 for about 2 years (actually Eat Stop Eat, which apparently is now more known as 5:2). I recently cut back on fasting because I was finding myself binging a bit too much. It is great when it works but you have to be careful. I'll still have the occasional fast day though. If you'd still like to add me then go for it!
  • kirkor
    kirkor Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options
    (actually Eat Stop Eat, which apparently is now more known as 5:2)

ESE is 1 or 2 24hr fasts during the week, 5:2 is 5 days of eating normall, 2 days of eating ~500 calories.

• honkytonks85
    honkytonks85 Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    True but ESE works out to be 500 calories on 2 days of 7. Basically you fast for a window say 7pm - 7pm and then at 7pm you have a normal meal which is usually around 500 calories. That's why I think they're virtually the same. Although I think 5:2 allows you to have your calories any time of the day - which I think is stupid because you're not really fasting then.
  • jjcadenza
    jjcadenza Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm doing 5: 2. My husband did it for a while, but I was pregnant, so didn't want to fast. Now that I'm done breastfeeding, we are starting in again together, hoping we can help each other stay on track.
  • emmawoodchuck
    emmawoodchuck Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi. I'm about to start fasting again. It worked for me up to Christmas but I did find I was eating way too much on my non fast days so I'm going to keep a check on that this time by using mfp. Also I found I got really COLD on fasting days. Just lack of food I think but I can live with that and wear another layer. Good points are- it's actually nice not to have to 'bother' organising food on a fast day, especially when I'm working! You feel lighter and less bloated the day after and I think I slept better. Oh, and I lost weight of course! Slowly but it did come off! Feel free to add me as a friend. I want to get 28lbs off overall.
  • noexcusesjustresults2014
    Options
    I fast once in a while but am not on the 5:2 plan you describe. I think eating windows are largely a matter of personal preference. In the end all that matters is your average deficit/surplus over time (for your weight) and your macros and training program for fitness and body composition.
  • wullhunter
    wullhunter Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Just started the 5:2 this week. Dropped 8 pounds off 223 after first 2 days of fasting then put back on 4 so I'm guessing its a bit of a yoyo ride on weight from week to week. Exercising on fast days wasn't easy but was able to get through regular workouts.